Shoe Repairer Forum

Trophex 2017

Who is going to trophex this weekend i will be launching my new hip flask and lighter range at the show my stand is opposite gravograph so if you are visiting pop ur head in and say hello their will be show specials like engraving diamonds for £20 on the website and 10% extra discount for any orders placed at the show .

Craig

www.mrfixitwholesale.co.uk

is this show going to be a bit of a waste of time? (I am going on Monday?) However all trophies and even engraving is not as popular as years before, I am solely interested in glass - which I seem todo a lot better with, each year i have noticed a big dip on suppliers at the show the hall gets smaller and smaller with less people attending, but I only go on the Monday so maybe thats the worse day?

Sad fact is trophy business unless you are prepared to do engraving for free and give 10% off the trophies clubs don't want to know.

Internet is killing it.

Be strong and don't do any of the above.

But what we should all do is the best and most profitable side perpetual engraving can't send one Cup off to Mr internet

Personally, I prefer to see the fact that Monday is the quieter day as a positive.

Obviously in our business more people are going to attend on the weekend so they don't lose a days trade, but for those of us who are able to go on the Monday, there is more time to talk to exhibitors, less congestion on the stands, and a much more effective way to spend the time.

There are certainly some suppliers that I was expecting to see that aren't exhibiting this year, I know of at least one that is at a different exhibition instead.

The seminars that have been introduced in recent years are a good idea, though not for everyone, there has been an interesting range, and I'm particularly looking forward to hearing what a couple of this year's speakers have to say.

One final thought, if the show is getting smaller each year, why is it in a new hall this year that is 35% bigger?

Personally, I prefer to see the fact that Monday is the quieter day as a positive.

Obviously in our business more people are going to attend on the weekend so they don't lose a days trade, but for those of us who are able to go on the Monday, there is more time to talk to exhibitors, less congestion on the stands, and a much more effective way to spend the time.

There are certainly some suppliers that I was expecting to see that aren't exhibiting this year, I know of at least one that is at a different exhibition instead.

The seminars that have been introduced in recent years are a good idea, though not for everyone, there has been an interesting range, and I'm particularly looking forward to hearing what a couple of this year's speakers have to say.

One final thought, if the show is getting smaller each year, why is it in a new hall this year that is 35% bigger?

35% bigger? Maybe more space given to each company to show there wares?

good points here though, see you on Monday

We found it helpful. A good chance to ask the suppliers some questions. Stoped at a few stands as a direct result of reading this forum such as U-Marc and Marino. Tried to get on to the Mr Fix It pitch a couple of times but there were too many people.

It took longer to get to the car park due to the Auto Sport International using the same car park and for the same reason the free busses were packed and had to wait for a second bus. On arrival at Trophex there was no queue. We were given the free parking ticket as we went in. One of the exhibitors said that there is usualy a crowd of people waiting outside at 10am so it was a bit worrying that when the doors opened there was no one there. We were able to tell him it was because we got caught in the Auto Sport traffic.

I thought it was worth going to and will probably go again next year, even if my arms are 6 inches longer from carrying all those catalogues.

We found it helpful. A good chance to ask the suppliers some questions. Stoped at a few stands as a direct result of reading this forum such as U-Marc and Marino. Tried to get on to the Mr Fix It pitch a couple of times but there were too many people.

It took longer to get to the car park due to the Auto Sport International using the same car park and for the same reason the free busses were packed and had to wait for a second bus. On arrival at Trophex there was no queue. We were given the free parking ticket as we went in. One of the exhibitors said that there is usualy a crowd of people waiting outside at 10am so it was a bit worrying that when the doors opened there was no one there. We were able to tell him it was because we got caught in the Auto Sport traffic.

I thought it was worth going to and will probably go again next year, even if my arms are 6 inches longer from carrying all those catalogues.

Sorry to hear you never made it onto our stand but for us it was very busy on the Sunday for over 4 hours solid both sides of the stand was qued out into the aisles. I will upload pics from the show later on.

From what I could see from my stand it was a well attended show and if visiting next year the Monday if you can make it always a bit quieter and bring a small carry on suitcase for all these catalogues and save your arms. I will be in the same spot if you want to try and see the products next January. But they are all on the website www.mrfixitwholesale.co.uk

Craig

Drag standard 120deg 11/64 http://mrfixitwholesale.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=118&product_id=1548

I can supply faceted what faceted tip size do you use

Tip Sizes available are .003-.005-.010-.015-.020-.025-.030

Craig

Haven't got a clue just send them to get sharpened , probibilly one that leaves a thicker line if you know what I mean

Sorry to hear you never made it onto our stand but for us it was very busy on the Sunday for over 4 hours solid both sides of the stand was qued out into the aisles. I will upload pics from the show later on.

From what I could see from my stand it was a well attended show and if visiting next year the Monday if you can make it always a bit quieter and bring a small carry on suitcase for all these catalogues and save your arms. I will be in the same spot if you want to try and see the products next January. But they are all on the website www.mrfixitwholesale.co.uk

Craig

It is good to hear that you did well. I will certainly try again next year. A small pull along suitcase sounds like an excellent idea. But I should warn everybody that I am quite good at tripping people up with those things.

Haven't got a clue just send them to get sharpened , probibilly one that leaves a thicker line if you know what I mean

The industry standard is 0.003 I have some left in stock I will pop them on the website if you are interested more due in stock end of the month

Craig

www.mrfixitwholesale.co.uk

Drag standard 120deg 11/64 http://mrfixitwholesale.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=118&product_id=1548

I can supply faceted what faceted tip size do you use

Tip Sizes available are .003-.005-.010-.015-.020-.025-.030

Craig

Good price those Craig, but I have to admit I like the tapered ones from Umarq. (Ridiculous price difference between the standard and tapered though. Nearly £30) But you can pinpoint your start point on annuals and fine work better. If you could source some of those I'd have some............ I also use the industry standard  faceted .003 for glass.