Shoe Repairer Forum

Hi everyone,just thought I would post an idea from the past ,use those old bits of Yankee wax in a used aluminium pie tray (because I’m a fat b*****d ha ha )place under your heat lamp with periodic stirring  till melted ,carefully remove and leave to cool ,and there you go a new Yankee wax !!!! ,hope not teaching aged dogs new barks :)))) 

2 hours ago, Coblerkai2 said:

Hi everyone,just thought I would post an idea from the past ,use those old bits of Yankee wax in a used aluminium pie tray (because I’m a fat b*****d ha ha )place under your heat lamp with periodic stirring  till melted ,carefully remove and leave to cool ,and there you go a new Yankee wax !!!! ,hope not teaching aged dogs new barks :)))) 

How much does the power cost compared to the amount of wax recycled?

I doubt if this is a cost affective exercise.

When your heat lamp is on like mine most of the time ,just seems like a bonus to me !could turn off the lights in the shop to offset the usage ,and use  candles as a light source and to melt the scrap wax .and run the machines by bike dynamo ,great gym workout ,just ideas people might like squark squark :)))

image.jpg

so a stick of yankee is a couple of quid, if you get left with 10% thats 20p so you have 2 sticks there, but will still be left with 40p to melt next time round so all that work has saved you maybe £3.50, but has cost you a fair amount of time & storage (every square inch of a shop has its overhead) you'd be better filling the same space with key blanks, they'll make you more. years and years ago I did this & found it used to break up and just wasnt as good or as easy as a new stick. BIN, work smart not hard.