Jump to content

trophy site dead in the water


Recommended Posts

If there's one part of my business I don't enjoy its the trophy side. Especially the football side of it. Overpriced rubbish!

football managers think you can do everything half price and free engraving. 

I like the higher end stuff Like glass. but if I'm honest I can take or leave the football clubs. Fickle lot with no loyalty & probably half of em are on the fiddle lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

blitz facebook,twitter.all the usual suspects but they want footy stuff done for pennies

seo and paid adwords/shopping/other platforms

the market place is awash with partime engravers doing it for beer money

ive been asked if i want to buy a trophy online biz twice this year with good turnover but dont have the warehouse to put stock into tells a story lol

carry on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 10/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, ironplanet uk900 said:

If there's one part of my business I don't enjoy its the trophy side. Especially the football side of it. Overpriced rubbish!

football managers think you can do everything half price and free engraving. 

I like the higher end stuff Like glass. but if I'm honest I can take or leave the football clubs. Fickle lot with no loyalty & probably half of em are on the fiddle lol.

your 100% right - a few years ago I was asked to quote for about 15 teams on one club, I did so as quite fancied the order, later about 4 weeks my dad had a mate on the committee who told my dad that I was £400 less than the guy that they gave the order to - he had the same trophy catalog that I had, he was furious because unbeknown to me had asked me to tender due to being a good friend of my dad's

He knew there had been a back hander but nothing he could do

 

seems there all on the take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I HATE these people that try and rip you off. An aquaintence of mine did central heating - another asked him for a price- once he had that price he said Oh so and so said he could do it for -£1k  less - Great said No one let him do it- A lesson learned by me and that's the way I have always been. Like car insurance you get the renewal, compare the mercrap say same for £190 less I go back and they say Oh we can match that-  then you should have done so at the beginning let the policy lapse 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Mick Friend said:

Like car insurance you get the renewal, compare the mercrap say same for £190 less I go back and they say Oh we can match that-  then you should have done so at the beginning let the policy lapse 

Our car insurance renewel last week came through at £780 with direct line (been with them the last 5 years and price  has always been very good) we have bought a brand new Range Rover Evoque in November and the wife uses it in her job as a district nurse. Anyway rang direct line and asked for the best price they could offer. Spent 10 minutes on the phone to come up with £780 again best price they could offer. Went on all comparison sites and got the same level of cover with LV (through go compare that is offering £250 excess back if you make a claim) for £446. Rang direct line to cancel my renewel only to be asked to see if they could beat it, 5 minutes later still £780 so at least they where consistant. Now insured with LV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, grahamparker said:

Our car insurance renewel last week came through at £780 with direct line (been with them the last 5 years and price  has always been very good) we have bought a brand new Range Rover Evoque in November and the wife uses it in her job as a district nurse. Anyway rang direct line and asked for the best price they could offer. Spent 10 minutes on the phone to come up with £780 again best price they could offer. Went on all comparison sites and got the same level of cover with LV (through go compare that is offering £250 excess back if you make a claim) for £446. Rang direct line to cancel my renewel only to be asked to see if they could beat it, 5 minutes later still £780 so at least they where consistant. Now insured with LV.

Very good Co. L.V. imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...