Shoe Repairer Forum

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Customers are still asking for recipts and question why they are not automatically given one. As far as I can gather is the only recipt we can give is the merchant copy? surely this isn't a good idea?

If it's an Ingenico machine, when the screen returns to the "READY" screen, press the .,' button and it will print a customer receipt.

I don't even ask now, if it's under £30 & their card has the contactless logo, that's how it's done.

Some folks comment about 'not knowing the card could do that', some request a receipt, which is fine.

Some just find it a bit confusing.

I like to think that I'm doing my bit to drag Cromer into the 20th Century.

• 3 months later...

I've not even thought about this yet but sounds interesting.

What extra pricing is involved, i.e. to have it added to account, machine upgrade (currently have Ingenico ict250), % charges etc.

I have the same machine, with WorldPay.  Upgradewas free and straightforward.  Love it!  So much quicker.  Some customers are not keen but it's optional and majority are fine with it.  Wish I'd done it earlier.  It doesn't automatically print a Customer receipt so reduced cost on thermal paper roll too!

I've just been informed I'll be getting a new iCT250 terminal in the next few days............I've only recently connected my old terminal (EFT9305) from phone line to ethernet which stopped all those long delays and having to talk about the weather while waiting for it to connect..........Was knackered if the phone rang mid transaction.........As old as I am I love new gadgetry...Colour display too....(I'm excited.......sad I know)

I've just been informed I'll be getting a new iCT250 terminal in the next few days............I've only recently connected my old terminal (EFT9305) from phone line to ethernet which stopped all those long delays and having to talk about the weather while waiting for it to connect..........Was knackered if the phone rang mid transaction.........As old as I am I love new gadgetry...Colour display too....(I'm excited.......sad I know)

thats what i have ict 820 seems fine tho not a lot of sales as low as £20.00