Shoe Repairer Forum

Heel lining in Chelsea Boots

I have a pair of 7" tall chelsea boots where the heel lining has torn in one of them. I took them to the local Timpson and the cobbler said that he cannot repair them as he cannot reach far enough into them to stitch the lining.

Unfortunately all the independent cobblers in the area have been taken over by Timpson so I am not sure how I am going to get a second opinion.

20170306_123505979_iOS.jpg

20170306_123741449_iOS.jpg

I would appreciate any advice.

I suspected that it was not really a problem. I'm in South Manchester but I don't have a car so it limits my range quite a bit.

Virtually next to Timpson headquarters. The irony is not lost on me!

Edited by Sig

I suspected that it was not really a problem. I'm in South Manchester but I don't have a car so it limits my range quite a bit.

Virtually next to Timpson headquarters. The irony is not lost on me!

contact timpsons head office, tell them what you were told and at what branch, email them the pictures too, no way any shoe repairer should be refusing this type of work

contact timpsons head office, tell them what you were told and at what branch, email them the pictures too, no way any shoe repairer should be refusing this type of work

Please DO NOT tell Timpson's, - Reason all of US independent repairer's do well on these sort of jobs - if you tell them they might, just might start doing them LOL