Shoe Repairer Forum

properly done thats the way to do it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A modified hand tool is all thats required to pick stitches, no one would pay for a bayonet fitting to take stiches out [-X

For reference Ray, the 1980's have a lot to answer for in my opinion. The shoe repair trade in this country went way down, mainly due to the influx of Heel Bar's. This produced very under qualified repairers that operated under the banner of the 'Lick and Stick' Brigade. Many of the long established skills went by the by due to the requirement for speed. It has predominately been the Independant repairer who has picked up the mantle of aquiring his own 'New' skills in order to improve the standard and service he offers his customers :D

Contentious opinion maybe, but I'll stick with it :wink:

Keith

Hi Keith

I thought that in EUROPE in general, have much more shops than in the U.S.A.It seems to me the in the UK you have the best shoes over there to work on.A stitch picker here on a quick change setting would be well under 200bucks.I know your finishers like here are very high in price so if you can afford a nice machine to do good work why can't you at least ask the people if they would pay for such a need.

Ray Torcaso

I have to confess to buying a new but different branded nailer a few weeks ago & I just can't get used to aligning nails with the end safety release! I've actually ordered a gun the same as my old one this week! the other one can head to the box of mistake purchases!

its the angle of the photo :-{{{

Lee