Shoe Repairer Forum

poor service from cousins

• 2 weeks later...

i use cousins as a reference for availability and price but get most of my stock from Jevons, i do have to say i find the cousins website easy enough to use, however i do agree that their staff aren't the most helpful when you phone them. jevons on the other hand are excellent all round. as a side not could you not have taken the ladies details and phoned her with a price or have given her an estimate, as if she came into your shop when jevons where closed for lunch then you wouldn't have been able to quote a price for her anyway.anyway thats my 2 bob worth of useless comment :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once upon a time Cousins used to be excellent, with helpful and friendly staff. I used be able to ring up, describe a problem and they'd be able to help. Unfortunately, those members of staff have all seemed to have retired, now it's just a girl on the other end of the line who will refuse to give you a price, make you jump through hoops for the most basic of information before gleefully telling you 'Computer says no'.

The website has improved a lot but I often wonder whether their returns policy is in line with distance selling regulations.

Once upon a time Cousins used to be excellent, with helpful and friendly staff. I used be able to ring up, describe a problem and they'd be able to help. Unfortunately, those members of staff have all seemed to have retired, now it's just a girl on the other end of the line who will refuse to give you a price, make you jump through hoops for the most basic of information before gleefully telling you 'Computer says no'.

The website has improved a lot but I often wonder whether their returns policy is in line with distance selling regulations.

i have actually contacted trading standards with regards to cousins' return policy, i ordered a movement from them that the stem won't stay in place, and they claim that all movements sent out from them are in perfect working order,i have sent them 2 recorded delivery letters, both of which they ignored and had no decency to reply to, will see how trading standards get on, it's not an overly expensive movement, more the principal involved

• 1 year later...

i have actually contacted trading standards with regards to cousins' return policy, i ordered a movement from them that the stem won't stay in place, and they claim that all movements sent out from them are in perfect working order,i have sent them 2 recorded delivery letters, both of which they ignored and had no decency to reply to, will see how trading standards get on, it's not an overly expensive movement, more the principal involved

Would be interested to hear what trading standards say, i've had a similar problem on a couple of occasions, movements not working and them refusing to accept responsibility. Also once had them recommend a replacement for a discontinued movement only to receive it and find the hand fittings were a different size, the winding stem did not fit and it did not fit to the face! Again, no responsibilty accepted....

• 9 months later...

Do Jevons have a catalogue or website for reference?

I normally use Cousins as I prefer to order online but have read on a couple of forums lately about there bad customer service.

Recently I ordered a stem for a Ronda movement by calibre number but when it came it was much bigger than the one that needed replacing. After reading about there customer service,or lack of, I didn't bother sending it back as I thought that because I ordered by the calibre number then that's the part they sent.

• 4 years later...

After all this time since the last post on this topic it doesn't look like cousins have got any better ( maybe worse ). I ordered some px625a batteries  along with a couple of other items from them 2 weeks ago and never received them although they have emailed me an invoice. Email says they have my corresponding address ( my house which is also where I have deliveries sent to ) but on email it states goods were sent to shop address. I moved out of there 2 years ago and informed All suppliers this. The point is I have had other goods sent to my home address so they have this on record. I rang cousins this morning and was told goods have gone to my home address ( not what the invoice says ) when I tried to explain this to the person on the phone about it he just said go on website and deal with it he has other people on the phone to deal with. I asked him to pass me onto manager to discuss it with me he said he can't do that because this is only an ordering phone line. So thats cousins service for you. I will never be dealing with them again

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, cobblers.keys said:

After all this time since the last post on this topic it doesn't look like cousins have got any better ( maybe worse ). I ordered some px625a batteries  along with a couple of other items from them 2 weeks ago and never received them although they have emailed me an invoice. Email says they have my corresponding address ( my house which is also where I have deliveries sent to ) but on email it states goods were sent to shop address. I moved out of there 2 years ago and informed All suppliers this. The point is I have had other goods sent to my home address so they have this on record. I rang cousins this morning and was told goods have gone to my home address ( not what the invoice says ) when I tried to explain this to the person on the phone about it he just said go on website and deal with it he has other people on the phone to deal with. I asked him to pass me onto manager to discuss it with me he said he can't do that because this is only an ordering phone line. So thats cousins service for you. I will never be dealing with them again

Brilliant when everything runs smoothly but a pain in the backside when something goes wrong.

They make you jump through hoops if you need to return a faulty item and they always manage to make you feel that it's your fault!

Years ago now I complained to them about

a) how difficult they have intentionally made it to contact them on the website

b) how they don't provide a phone number so you can't ring them if you don't already know the number

and

c) how they don't publish any order cut off times

They were not interested in changing or adapting one little bit.

1 hour ago, hakeemz said:

i use them because they have the biggest range of parts, straps, tools and consumeables, but i do agree with problems exist

I would have thought if you all swapped to other suppliers they would soon improve the way they operate, by continuing to deal with them they will not change they have no reason to do so.

Personally any company that did anything like what has been described to me i would never use them again.

I order about once every two weeks. Phenomenal range, and the quality of their straps has really gone up . Very easy to use website. I've had to contact them, or at least try, probably only about 3/4 in the past 7/8 years. 

I don't  think I would order something over £100 from them. Heard alot about Jevons, all good,  but really would think twice about using a new supplier that hasn't got a website  .