Shoe Repairer Forum

I was sad to see yet another supplier is confusing retail with wholesale with direct internet sales of shoe care and zippo's on a web site.

with free delivery on sales of £40.0 or more. If T.C can do it for retail why not for long established LOYAL customers ordering far more than that a week?

it appears any sort of loyalty is OUT OF THE WINDOW

www.tarrago.co.uk

I was sad to see yet another supplier is confusing retail with wholesale with direct internet sales of shoe care and zippo's on a web site.

with free delivery on sales of £40.0 or more. If T.C can do it for retail why not for long established LOYAL customers ordering far more than that a week?

it appears any sort of loyalty is OUT OF THE WINDOW

http://www.tarrago.co.uk

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

So we now have T.colledge selling direct to the public, We have birch opening shops and i'm sure they will follow and sell online direct to the public.

:( :(

Just finished my busy period of trophies and did ok, but found through a friend that local football clubs were getting trophies online with free delivery and free engraving for less than what I am paying for them...

We are getting that too ](*,) I have had more people asking for quotes for trophie this year than ever before. Never seem to get the order tho. I called one up and asked why we didn't get the order was our prices to high etc etc. Was told by the lady on the phone that our prices where way to high and we charged for engraving. She said she wanted to use local people but couldn't as money is tight and the prices on the net are so cheap. Cheaper trophies free engraving and free delivery.

Makes me wonder are we being charged to much for our trophies and we are always getting hit by very high carriage charges on every order we place. :(

Makes you wonder dosn't it

All well and good Keithm but I suspect that these firms that are offering cheaper trophies, free engraving and free carrriage are in fact wholesalers. We cannot buy in quantity well I can't anyway. A lot of us are sole traders scratching to make a living.

If T Colledge can give free carriage on £40 or more to the public then why in their terms To retailers "On orders under the value of £125.00 nett a carriage charge of £7.00 will be included" IS IT ME! AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

In reponse to moans about direct retail web site. We set up the Tarrago retail site to offer the products to the Public if they were unable to find a local supplier. Any enquiries we receive we try to direct to the nearest shop that stocks the product. Any stockist who would like to be listed on the site we will gladly add, as most people prefer to buy direct from a shop.

We do not under cut prices but offer the products at RRP or higher in most cases . Postage is only free above £45.00 and this is in line with similar retail sites . The very few sales the site generates are normally for single items and so postage charges always apply.

We do appreciate all our trade customers and offer free van deliveries in many areas. We offer a very good turn around of orders with next day delivey . To offer this service is expensive hence the £7.00 charge for orders under £125.00 ( this only reflects part of the cost). We have used cheaper couriers in the past but they have never offered the same service.

Rob Colledge

T Colledge and Son

Hi Rob,

Nice to see you are responding to posts on this site. I find "moans" such a negatavie word (winds people up) I prefer "opinions". Whilst I find your site excellent to use and your next day delivery very good too, if I where to say order £60 of goods and wasn't particularly bothererd if it took 4 or 5 days could you offer me free delivery

Hi rlj

Take your point about 'moans' opinions is a much more constructive word.

We are always looking for feed back, positive or negative about our web site / service etc. to look forward and hopefully improve our service. I take your point about a cheaper options on smaller orders and will certainly look into this for the future.

As a clarifaction of our direct sell site www.tarrago.co.uk These are the only products we sell direct to the public. As previously stated we get a lot of enquiries from the public as to where they can obtain Tarrago products. If we know of a local stockist we forward their details. If there is no local supplier they can purchase direct from the site at full RRP + postage. ( removed the carriage free element as it was never used anyway). For the future we will include a new page listing address details etc for shops ( who sell Tarrago products) who want to be listed as retailers of tarrago products.

You will not find Tarrago products sold by Supermarkets or other cut price retailers.

Hope this clarifies the situation, but I am always happy to speak directly to anyone who has concerns.

Rob Colledge

T Colledge and Son

Did experiment with a zippo site, but never sold any ! I think because we listed them at full RRP + postage

From my limited research there are a lot of pretty good sites selling zippos cut price ,free fuel etc. To sell this type of product on line you need to advertise (google etc.) and be a competitive.

This was never our intention so we have delisted the site.

Rob Colledge