Shoe Repairer Forum

RW5 is not a great product from Silca at all.

Had one from day of release but only used it a dozen times if that, much easier with the RW4 plus that just works every time.

Did have server issues but ran the app and it's been ok but don't always have faith in it. Will start using it more once i have used up all My GTi pro chips and start

buying the cheaper GTi Ultra chips.

22 hours ago, grahamparker said:

RW5 is not a great product from Silca at all.

Had one from day of release but only used it a dozen times if that, much easier with the RW4 plus that just works every time.

Did have server issues but ran the app and it's been ok but don't always have faith in it. Will start using it more once i have used up all My GTi pro chips and start

buying the cheaper GTi Ultra chips.

Is this the same machine as the Lock Decoders one ?

• 2 months later...

i suspect it will come good in the end , since silca involvement in AD the model seems to be charge more , release before ready and beta test on customers , look at the shocking release of smart pro and how bad this was in its first year , it failed far more than it worked , it took a while to get it to an acceptable standard , though no compensation for loyal customers that believed the story of it being an upgrade , 3 months utp with upgrade was pointless as took 9 months to see improvement .

then when bugs in rw5 fixed in the future they will probably cease support for rw4+ and m box , possibly stopping server access or slowing it to try and force old customers to buy rw5 , if the mvp pro and ad100 pro model is anything to go by.

consumer law stops us trading in such way as we deal with the public , its about time consumer law also protected business to business sales , this would hurt some distributors and manufacturers as shafting customers in this field has become the norm , after all the chinese got away with it for years , IEA and Cryptoworks both got away with it and abrites have pulled more strokes in past than the government , so why not silca and ad too . we have to understand we dont own this kit we only rent it if they can make it unusable when it suits them.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, x minit uk said:

How is the rw5 performing now, are you still having problems or have they been sorted. ?

Shite. Terrible machine. Supposedly quicker than the RW4 but not so sure takes 30 attempts to get the snoop in the correct position.

One of the worst Silca products i have purchased (just glad i got it at the discounted price on launch and not the price it is now).

Server errors are just a small part of it's issues.

Just bought a backup RW4 for £200 from Ebay.

Hopefully there will be an RW6 before to long that has a slot for the snoop to sit in.