Shoe Repairer Forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budget machines rock!

i still disagree ian budget machines end up getting replaced and in the long run cost u more

its like the mvp pro vrs the ad100pro i couldnt be without my ad100pro even although i have spent well over 10k on it in the last 4 years ive had it.

craig

I was being facetious Craig. The A5 was never intended to be a budget machine and never will be. It just makes good business sense. It's ideal for the van and can cut keys all day long. Thats what it's designed to do.

I have been following this thread with interest.

I am the Irish rep. for the Miracle A5.

I use the Miracle A5 every day in my mobile locksmith business.

Does exactly whats its supposed to do - decode and cuts keys.

Cutters are inexpensive .In 6 months i have broken one decoder.My fault.

For the money i could not find a better machine.I liked the machine that much that i contacted lockdecoders to see if i could sell them in Ireland.

For use in the back of a van or small locksmiths shop you can find no better machine for the money.

Craig grow up please.You do not like the machine.Fine.Others do.

I have been following this thread with interest.

I am the Irish rep. for the Miracle A5.

I use the Miracle A5 every day in my mobile locksmith business.

Does exactly whats its supposed to do - decode and cuts keys.

Cutters are inexpensive .In 6 months i have broken one decoder.My fault.

For the money i could not find a better machine.I liked the machine that much that i contacted lockdecoders to see if i could sell them in Ireland.

For use in the back of a van or small locksmiths shop you can find no better machine for the money.

Craig grow up please.You do not like the machine.Fine.Others do.

fine but the new big question out aff all the members on this forum why is it only lock decoders reps that stick up for the machine

craig

Being fair to craig he has admitted this machine might be better now than when he had it,

and opinion of the rep for the machine will always be biased anyway, or manufacturer or distributor for that matter..

if somebody uses a machine and gives his honest opinion without fear of being criticised , i think its doing us members a favour..

lastly over the years i have learnt (and many here will agree) that when buying machinery engraving or key cutting you laways get what you pay for and so do your customers..better quality machine will serve you and your customers much better than budget machine..doesnt mean there is no place in market for budget machine , it just means that if you can afford and commercially justify it then always go for top end and if some budget machine manufacturer is trying to pretend they are top end, thats where we need honest feedbacks and reviews..

Thanks for all the experts who put their opinion on this issue. Particularly thanks go to Craig for heating up (in a positive way) the discussion by highlighting some of the drawbacks of A5 which (as per experts/manufacturer) now have been taken care of.

Let me pose a question to all the members, user of this machine, distributors and suppliers of this machine, what is expected life of this A5 machine? I know this question could be difficult to answer but keeping in view the average use we might come to conclusion on the life of this machine.

JK

Thanks for all the experts who put their opinion on this issue. Particularly thanks go to Craig for heating up (in a positive way) the discussion by highlighting some of the drawbacks of A5 which (as per experts/manufacturer) now have been take care of.

Let me pose a question to all the members, user of this machine, distributors and suppliers of this machine, what is expected life of this A5 machine? I know this question could be difficult to answer but keeping in view the average use we might come to conclusion on the life of this machine.

JK

any machine if well looked after should last you your working life. but remember the saying buy cheap buy twice.i am a beleiver in the correct machine for the right job so would have two machines one laser and one standard. as even the silca viper and db994blaser cut to code machines in my opinion will cut a sloppy key if not a laser as no cylinder key can be cut with a spinning drill bit the same way it can be cut with a spinning blade the keys will still work cut by drill bit but will look nothing like the original key.

the best advise is get a distributor of a viper to come demo it then a db994 then a miracle a5 and make up your own mind. build quality is silca at the top db994 in the middle then a5 at the bottom but so also is the price order and at the end of the day only you can decide how much you want to invest in a machine.if you only do a couple of keys a day then you might not want to invest double the cost of a a5 on two top end silca machines but if you do you would never need to upgrade them in your working life.

then again if you only want to cut some car keys to code laser and cylinder and not decode them you could buy the chak abay even cheaper than the a5 with no fidaly pda i have used one build quality dont seem any better or worse than a a5 my mate has one he has a triaxi code aswell chaka bay in the van only for mobile and it has done over 100 keys and all worked fine although they dont look as nice as a key cut on a unicode or triaxi code or viper.

craig

Craig i mean this with the greatest of respect you need to get a life.Take up a sport --find a girlfriend--knit a pair of socks.Help out at an old folks home.

Do something your fixation with the A5 is scarey.

Can you name one show where you actually saw the Chaka bay cutting keys.

I have seen it at 4 shows and never once have Hickleys switched it on.Why is that.

At every show the A5 is all day doing demos.

For anyone in Ireland who wants to see the A5 cutting keys send me a PM and i will arrange.

Craig i mean this with the greatest of respect you need to get a life.Take up a sport --find a girlfriend--knit a pair of socks.Help out at an old folks home.

I have seen it at 4 shows and never once have Hickleys switched it on.Why is that.

For anyone in Ireland who wants to see the A5 cutting keys send me a PM and i will arrange.

dont think my wife would be happy if i found a girlfriend

craig

Craig may be forthright in his views, however he is without doubt extremely helpful. and has helped me many times as i try to find my way into the car key programming .

PS, i have no doubt his wife would cut his knackers off if he found a girlfriend :D

If Terrence would like to give us his veiw on the A5 it would be good.

Tel dont make decisions lightly when it comes to machinery and "car stuff" so give us some unbiased feedback when you get a mo ginge :lol:

I havent seen the Chaka or the A5 and to be honest i dont need to either(unocode and bd laser on the bench) as im not in the market for "budget" machine like these.

that said tho Craig has put his money where his mouth was and bought one so he has the "right" to say(slag) what his thoughts are!

We all have the right to do this if we have bought and dont like.

FLIPSIDE is how the distibutor deals with the "complaint" and to be fair to Pete and his team they didnt leave anyone high and dry =D>

carry on!

If Terrence would like to give us his veiw on the A5 it would be good.

Tel dont make decisions lightly when it comes to machinery and "car stuff" so give us some unbiased feedback when you get a mo ginge :lol:

I havent seen the Chaka or the A5 and to be honest i dont need to either(unocode and bd laser on the bench) as im not in the market for "budget" machine like these.

that said tho Craig has put his money where his mouth was and bought one so he has the "right" to say(slag) what his thoughts are!

We all have the right to do this if we have bought and dont like.

FLIPSIDE is how the distibutor deals with the "complaint" and to be fair to Pete and his team they didnt leave anyone high and dry =D>

carry on!

i spoke to terry the other night he has done a few keys on it and said it seems fine and is doing the job for him the now so he dont have to keep moving the viper in and out from shop to van but he aint been on this forum for a few months

craig

Thekeyvan, wind your neck in, its obvious you dont like the machine or even the company, i for one cannot see what the problem is, maybe you have been used to the silca machines for too long, or maybe USER ERROR on your part :wink:

Lockdecoders introduced a machine that was fairly priced and easy enough to use, yes, there were early teething problems, but like any decent company Lockdecoders have listned to their customers and tried & succeded in ironing out these small problems.

Also its a developement in progress, which can only benefit in the long term.

Why you and some others wish to keep on mocking this machine is beyond me.

Having demonstrated this machine, neither i or the customer(s) i was showing could find fault.

If it really bothers you that much why not pm me for a demo or give 3D or SKS a bell for a demo, until then if you aint got one, stop knocking it.

The fact that Craig had one of the machines gives him the right to put forward his feelings on the machine wether you agree with him or not.

The main point i think he is trying to make is that it is a machine built for a price and good for what it costs,but if you spend

more you will end up with a Silca machine and lets be honest if we all had unlimited funds then most people would have

either a triax/viper/unocode if they could afford to.

This is just a plain fact of life with anything we buy,we all buy the best we can afford and Silca are the best.

The problem is that he continuously bashes it even though he only had it for a short while and that was a while back. As we have worked to iron out the little problems. He is not harmed in any way what so ever as when he was not happy we refunded him via the distributor. For us that was the end of the matter and we wished him the best and still do. We have sold more than 300 of these machines and only 1 person has ever sent one back for a refund and is unhappy. That says something about the machine. Also the comment about people buying this machine that have no clue about more expensive and better machines on the market. Of course there are and a lot of our customers have these machines and have still bought this machine and love it and the simplicity of it.

As for the comment about only we defend it is because most of our customers are big locksmithing firms who dont do shoes or know about this forum as i am sure that they would be singing its praises.

A test was done buy a member of the MLA who is also the editor of there magazine and has a large locksmithing business in Crewe and they did a test between this machine and Silca machines and they did an article on it. They do not do auto work and there comment was at the end that if they were doing auto then this would be the machine to buy.

Hi Everyone

Looks like the discussion have reached its end. I appreciate the comments made by the learned members of this wonderful (Only and the best key cutting forum on the earth) forum. I wish we had a forum like this here in North America.

My situation here is that I have a small retail store where in addition to other retail, I do program (clone and actually program) car keys and remotes. Cut customers keys (bought from anywhere in the world, mostly from China) and right now I have only a few customers a month when I need to get a key cut from the code. But I am moving in the direction of being a mobile locksmith by the end of 2012. Now I am building my customer base.

Keeping in view the volume I do now, it looks like that Miracle A5 could be the best solution (best value for money spent).

I would be buying this machine in the beginning of next year and post the progress of the results of this machine.

Thanks once again guys

JKamboj