Shoe Repairer Forum

Samual Windsor Shoes

Samual Windsor Shoes........sounds like a quality shoe maker but my god I think these shoes are made out of paper mashie try and do a goodyear stitch and the things pull apart every which way.

They are sold very cheaply throu a mail order company CLIFFORD JAMES two pairs for £90.

I ordered oxfords to see what like.....Thought it was too good to be true....I was right

Take care if you get these shoes in for leather soles, blake them if you have a blake...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've heard horror stories on repairing these, but if your sympathetic to their quality when you strip them down ie. using glue stripper with little tugging & a sharp knife then the rebuild if done "properly" using an outsoler set at the correct place on the welt should cause no problems & improve the shoe measurably.

I don't treat these any differently to any other repair, I don't even comment on the shoes when they are brought in anymore I just do the job asked & have to say (touch wood) so far I've NEVER had a pair back that have failed due to work I've done on them.

Lee

These shoes are put together with machines that have no thread tension or they are hand stitched by people with no physical strength. The welts are hanging off and should be restitched in my opinion. Strip them with extreme caution. I don't stitch new soles back on because i don't think they could stand it.

because i don't think they could stand it.
they can & I'd never NOT stitch them
I typed in Samual Windsor shoes into the search and nothing came up.

thats because you can't spell samuel :lol: & a lot of topics on these end up getting deleted for Liable reasons. search for "Windsor" instead

Lee

Guest Klazykobbler

told a customer what i thought of these the other day :roll: . directed him to a local shop which sells seconds of barkers loakes etc came back and thanked me. then asked me to put some stick ons on a pair of loakes. :D :D :D :D :D

These shoes are put together with machines that have no thread tension or they are hand stitched by people with no physical strength. The welts are hanging off and should be restitched in my opinion. Strip them with extreme caution. I don't stitch new soles back on because i don't think they could stand it.

The Welts are Hand Stitched.

The Soles are Machine Stitched.