Shoe Repairer Forum

L0lNaNq.jpg

Hi All. As one of the leading locksmith tool suppliers in the industry, Tradelocks have decided to give you COMPLETELY FREE ADVERTISING with no strings attached!

The Cars, Keys and Locks Find a Locksmith app has been designed to make it easy for users to find their local locksmiths and key cutters. And with a brand new app being launched in October 2017 you can’t afford to miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Find out all about the app by clicking below:

YXnDVcL.jpg

Where will the app be advertised?

8pHBnHe.png

We are in the process of heavily advertising the app. From December 2017, the app will be featured on a number of different TV channels in the UK! More information about this will be released nearer the time.

The app is promoted with every UAP cylinder they sell, with details on a keyring. UAP dispatch over 75,000 cylinders per month all over the country, so it covers a very wide area.

As well as the above, the app is heavily promoted online through a number of different social media marketing campaigns and eshots.

So with all the advertising the app is to receive, now is the time to piggyback on it and get yourself listed on it for free advertising!

How to get listed on the app

Getting your company listed is quick and easy, and best of all it is completely free! Simply click the register button below and apply for a trade account and fill out your details. Once approved, your company will be automatically listed on the app for everyone to see:

Am17kAe.jpg

Simply fill out your customer details including your company name, contact details and the locksmith and/or key cutting services you offer. There are 5 different services you can pick from, and you can tick as many of the services that apply to you as you want:

● Domestic Locksmith
● House Key Cutting
● Auto Locksmith
● Car Key Cutting
● Safe Locksmith

When you have fill out all of your details, click the register button. Your application will then be manually checked by a member of the Tradelocks team, and once approved you will get a welcome email and be automatically added to the Find a Locksmith app.

It is that quick and simple!

For more information all about getting listed please click below:

YXnDVcL.jpg

You can view the current map at https://tradelocks.co.uk/find-a-locksmith.html

What are TL Approved members?

xdXRqU3.png

Due to the locksmith industry in the UK not being regulated, to make users less worried and more confident about who may be turning up to their door, we have introduced the ‘TL approved’ locksmith scheme.

Every ‘Tradelocks Approved’ member is vetted by a member of the Tradelocks team to make sure you are a qualified and competent locksmith. We will look at how long you have been trading, locksmith assoications you are a member of, as well as any locksmith training courses you have attended.

Once we are confident that you are a professional and competent locksmith, we will upgrade your account to a ‘TL Approved’ member, which has several benefits:

Benefits:

● Each TL member will be listed above any non ‘TL Approved’ member for any search on the app. This will put you ahead of your competitors, and give you greater visibility and exposure.

● You will have a ‘TL Approved’ badge shown on your profile throughout the app.

● App users are actively encouraged to search for and call ‘TL Approved’ members, as they can be assured that all ‘TL Approved’ members have the essential knowledge and skill to carry out the job.

● You will be sent a ‘TL Approved’ window sticker that you can display on shop window to give yourself more creditability.

How to apply to be a TL Approved member:

Underneath your company details on the ‘Your Locksmith Map Details and Settings’ page, you will see the following section:

H0r1BLR.jpg

To apply to become a TL approved member, simply fill out as many details as you can so that we can verify that you are a full trained trading locksmith.

If you are a member of a locksmith association, you can tick the box and fill out the association name as also your membership number for verification. If you are a member of more than one association, you can add all the additional associations by clicking the ‘+ Add a new association’ button.

Unless you are a member of the Master Locksmith Association (MLA), the most important section to fill out is the training courses you have attended. In this section, you can fill out who the course was organised by, what the course topic was, the date of attendance and also upload your training certificate. Again, if you have attended multiple courses, you can click the ‘+ Add a new course’ button and add as many courses as you wish.

Once you have completed each section, click the pink ‘Submit Application’ button.

This will then be reviewed by a member of the team. If we have any questions on your application then we will contact you for clarification.

Once verified your account will be upgraded to a ‘TL approved member.’ You will not need to do anything else.

If you're having trouble setting anything up please just send me a PM and I will help you with anything you need :)

"Unless you are a member of the Master Locksmith Association (MLA), the most important section to fill out is the training courses you have attended"

I'm an MLA approved company having passed the BLI exam. I'm now being asked to supply training certificates despite giving my MLA details, is this correct?

"Unless you are a member of the Master Locksmith Association (MLA), the most important section to fill out is the training courses you have attended"

I'm an MLA approved company having passed the BLI exam. I'm now being asked to supply training certificates despite giving my MLA details, is this correct?

Hi Mark.

No as it says, if you are a member of the MLA you DO NOT need to provide details on training courses you have attended. You can just leave that section blank.

The reason being that MLA members have to pass the exam as you mentioned above, so that is good enough to become TL approved.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

The brand new Find a Locksmith app has now gone live, and is available to download on the following app stores:

There is still time to sign up for a free listing on the app, especially if you cut house and/or car keys!

Simply register for an account at https://tradelocks.co.uk/register.html and fill out the necessary details.

The TV avert also goes live tomorrow on over 200 TV channels:

The Find a Locksmith TV advert has launched today!!!

It will be shown on over 200 TV channels throughout December, January and February!

Visit https://tradelocks.co.uk/Find-a-Locksmith-TV-Advert.html to find out when and where it will be shown over the Christmas period!

If you haven't got yourself listed on the app yet, you can do so by registering at https://tradelocks.co.uk/register.html

Also take a look at our new app website - https://carskeysandlocks.com/

I'm interested in joining this but I'm not a Locksmith and wouldn't want to mislead anybody who comes to me who thinks I am.

Rick.

Hi. When you sign up you can pick from 5 options:

Domestic Locksmith

House Key Cutter

Auto Locksmith

Car Key Cutter

Safe Locksmith

Users then make searches based on the above. As you cut keys, you can register as a 'house key cutter' and then when someone searches for that in your local area your details will appear.

Hi,
I would be interested as well and, like kobblers, I'm not a locksmith, but I do cut house keys and older car and motorbike keys.  Every time I try to register I get a error message: " Please pick at least one locksmith service that you offer." even though I have both the house and car keycutting options ticked. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I would be interested as well and, like kobblers, I'm not a locksmith, but I do cut house keys and older car and motorbike keys.  Every time I try to register I get a error message: " Please pick at least one locksmith service that you offer." even though I have both the house and car keycutting options ticked. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

This should be fixed now and it will allow you to register.

Surely you have to be a locksmith to register, it's misleading if not as the whole website is based around finding a locksmith.

I'm not quite sure what you are going on about and what you think is misleading...

The app allows users to search for either a domestic, auto or safe locksmith, or a local key cutting centre...

If they are locked our or need a lock changing, they will search for a locksmith. If they need a key cutting they will search for a key cutting centre.

I'm looking at the home page of the site.

The logo says Cars, Keys & Locks Find a Locksmith.

It has links labelled "Search for a locksmith" and "TL approved locksmiths"

There's a search box which says "Search for a locksmith by name"

There's then a section titled "What locksmith do you need" which then offers the break down of services including key cutting.

If you click the about link it says "Here you will be able to search for your local locksmiths for domestic, auto and safe work."

If you can't see what I'm talking about then fair enough, perhaps it's just me.

I'm looking at the home page of the site.

The logo says Cars, Keys & Locks Find a Locksmith.

It has links labelled "Search for a locksmith" and "TL approved locksmiths"

There's a search box which says "Search for a locksmith by name"

There's then a section titled "What locksmith do you need" which then offers the break down of services including key cutting.

If you click the about link it says "Here you will be able to search for your local locksmiths for domestic, auto and safe work."

If you can't see what I'm talking about then fair enough, perhaps it's just me.

That is because the app is predominately aimed at searching for locksmiths, and it was first launched a couple of years ago.

However the app has recently been re-developed to include key cutting centres so that local key cutters (also many people who are members of this forum) can also advertise their services on the app free of charge.

So I am not sure what issue you are trying to create saying that the site is misleading?

That is because the app is predominately aimed at searching for locksmiths, and it was first launched a couple of years ago.

However the app has recently been re-developed to include key cutting centres so that local key cutters (also many people who are members of this forum) can also advertise their services on the app free of charge.

So I am not sure what issue you are trying to create saying that the site is misleading?

No need for the abrasiveness and it would be a lot more friendly if I knew who I was talking to rather than using an admin account.

The site has clearly been aimed at finding a locksmith. I'm not creating any issues, the issue is that you have now expanding its purpose and not updated the user interface to reflect this. I'm sure you have it all in hand to update the registration process, user interface, T.V. advertising etc, but as it stands, anyone using it will expect to be finding a locksmith which has been highlighted by the forum members who haven't yet registered as they thought the same.

It's a good idea opening it up to key cutters, I'm sure it will benefit many forum members. Do with the feedback as you wish but not acknowledging the obvious issue is not helpful to you or them.

Hi,

I think you are both completely missing the whole point of the app.

It is a free platform for locksmiths and key cutters to advertise their services. We get nothing from you to list on the app, and we have invested thousands on advertising the app on TV to try and increase your businesses and visibility - again all completely free to you.

When people search the app, they can only select one service, be that house key cutting, or domestic locksmith services. Do you really think a consumer will care if they select house key cutting or car key cutting, and they get the details of a key cutting shop instead of a locksmith shop? As long as you can provide the service of key cutting then what is the issue?

If you want to sign up to list on the app then great - and you will benefit from a load of free advertising. If not then that is fine too - it is your decision.

i can actually understand both sides of this little debate , however i suspect that there exists no single word one could use in the app name to split this up , with 2 seperate apps being the only way which for obvious reasons is not practical .

but what does the public perceive as a locksmith or locksmith service ? id say that most of the public would perceive all the below areas as locksmith services  ;

household key cutting 

vehicle key cutting and cloning 

vehicle remote control button repairs and recasing

spare vehicle remote keys 

locking product sales 

garage door remotes 

judging by the quote requests i get constantly as an advertising locksmith and auto locksmith todays public ask for such cheap spares and repairs more than ever before , as i only advertise as a locksmith i still get these enquiries which are indeed also apt to most key cutting shops , so must be perceived by the public , here at least as locksmith services.

you could also argue what actually is a locksmith as it encompasses so many different areas these days including 

upvc repair guys

warrant entry guys

bench locksmiths 

general locksmiths 

safe engineers

access control guys 

auto locksmiths 

key cutters 

etc etc etc 

all call themselves locksmiths in one form or another , even within the trade we all have very different ideas on what makes you a locksmith and what does not .

the app they have devised may use the term lockmith in its name , i suspect because locksmith and key cutters may be too long , but once on the app they break it down to what form of locksmith service you want , ie , auto locksmith , household key cutter , auto key cutter , general locksmith , safe engineer etc , so users can then see services relevent to their needs .

im sure it will need alterations as time goes on , but initially it is what it is , its free advertising if you offer a locksmith or key cutting service that costs nothing to be a part of , most offering such advertising want silly money to join or a cut of the job , no other supplier i know of has or is likely to do similar especially tv advertising for their customers , especially free .

constructive critisism im sure is welcome going forward and is needed to allow the app to fulfill its potential , so should be given , should be well recieved and acted on if valid and feasable .

but for now , its a no brainer , free advertising , and online exposure , costs nothing to us and has no risks , so absolutely nothing to lose , even if it flops , nothing is lost by us , just the developers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

We hope you have had a great Christmas and New Year.

We have updated the TV schedule for the Find a Locksmith app throughout January, with the advert featuring on some new channels including BT Sport and BT Sport ESPN.

The schedule consist of a mixture of the 10 second Find a Locksmith app, as well as a 10 second UAP/Fullex advert.

You can view the full schedule at https://tradelocks.co.uk/Find-a-Locksmith-TV-Advert.html

Below we have highlighted our top daily picks of where to view the advert:

Wednesday 3rd January 2018 - 21.53 - MOVIE24+: THE CHRISTMAS GIFT 2015
Thursday 4th January 2018 - 21.31 - H2: D-DAY LOST FILMS
Friday 5th January 2018 - 11.26 - E4: THE GOLDBERGS
Saturday 6th January 2018 - 22.12 - GOOD FOOD: JAMIE'S MONEY SAVING MEALS
Sunday 7th January 2018 - 18.25 - QUEST RED: DR. DEE: ALASKA VET SEASON 2
Monday 8th January 2018 - 10.39 - MTV: CATFISH: THE TV SHOW
Tuesday 9th January 2018 - 23.05 - FILM 4: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
Wednesday 10th January 2018 - 18.42 - LIFETIME: STORAGE WARS
Thursday 11th January 2018 - 17.28 - SKY SPORTS MIX: DRONE RACING LEAGUE 2017
Friday 12th January 2018 - 12.25 - MY5: BRITAIN'S HORROR HOMES
Saturday 13th January 2018 - 16.46 - DAVE: TOP GEAR
Sunday 14th January 2018 - 15.07 - MTV HITS: TAYLOR SWIFT: OFFICIAL TOP 10
Monday 15th January 2018 - 22.21 - MTV BEATS: MONDAY FUNDAY
Tuesday 16th January 2018 - 11.19 - SKY CINEMA DISNEY: HERCULES
Wednesday 17th January 2018 - 18.42 - LIFETIME: STORAGE WARS
Thursday 18th January 2018 - 10.40 - SKY CINEMA SCI-FI: DOOM
Friday 19th January 2018 - 12.25 - MY5: THE DOG RESCUERS WITH ALAN DAVIES
Saturday 20th January 2018 - 18.03 - SKY CINEMA COMEDY: SAUSAGE PARTY
Sunday 21st January 2018 - 17.44 - SKY CINEMA DRAMA: THE MAN WHO KNEW INFINITY
Monday 22nd January 2018 - 10.39 - MTV: CATFISH: THE TV SHOW
Tuesday 23rd January 2018 - 23.59 - TRUE ENTERTAINMENT: TAGGART
Wednesday 24th January 2018 - 17.41 - SKY SPORTS MIX: WWE MAIN EVENT 2018
Thursday 25th January 2018 - 17.40 - E4: THE GOLDBERGS
Friday 26th January 2018 - 22.07 - VH1: OFFICIAL TOP 50 NUMBER ONES OF THE NOUGHTIES
Saturday 27th January 2018 - 20.34 - SKY ATLANTIC: WITHOUT A TRACE
Sunday 28th January 2018 - 20.15 - UNIVERSAL: MAJOR CRIMES S6
Monday 29th January 2018 - 18.23 - MTV: CATFISH: THE TV SHOW
Tuesday 30th January 2018 - 21.01 - BT SPORT 1: HUDDERFIELD TOWN VS LIVERPOOL
Wednesday 31st January 2018 - 21.29 - DAVE: LIVE AT THE APOLLO

• 1 year later...