Shoe Repairer Forum

Space saving equipment

If you had a small work area for a workshop, but still wanted to be able to do insole and outsole stitching, What woild be our best option. Has there ever been a multi headed stitching machine that could be used for both.

I used to have an attachment for my blake that was supposed to enable you to outsole stitch, but it was usless.

Any ideas.... How about you Engineers disigning one :idea:

If you had a small work area for a workshop, but still wanted to be able to do insole and outsole stitching, What woild be our best option. Has there ever been a multi headed stitching machine that could be used for both.

I used to have an attachment for my blake that was supposed to enable you to outsole stitch, but it was usless.

Any ideas.... How about you Engineers disigning one :idea:

Go to your mate with stitchers and get them done there................. :shock:

no stitcher to do both although always talked about, how about outsoling with the blake as it is - did it as a demo the only problem is you cannot see the groove so the trick is to stitch all way round without thread, groove then stitch around with thread.

Already do some trade stitching...Christ, Its like off roading with some of em.. :evil:

If ya referring to me Mark. you never PM'd me ya shop address,

No worries I've ordered a zip in & will sort it my end, Thanks anyhow.

WTF I was refereing to trade outsole and insole stitching, and the state of em, when stitching them its more like off roading :roll: :roll: :roll:

You never crossed my mind, If you wanted me to do the zip Terry you only had to phone me or send a PM asking for my address, its not up to me to chase after your interests. I have enough on my plate running my own business. I certainly don't mind helping folk out, but I'm not the forum gofa [-X

There is nearly always a shop nearby that has a spare room, upstairs, downstairs, in the garage, does not have to be in your shop as long as its near by for quick jobs.

We used to have a bench mounted goodyear with a handwheel, ok for the odd couple of pair but very slow.

You could adapt the goodyear (boxed Type) with a front extension that would enable it to be used as a bench.

You could also have it built into the counter, boxed around to use as display area or self service sundries.

You could of course just glue the soles on and then worry about it when the shoes come back with the soles falling off, (yes I have seen it done in a few places)bet it still goes on as well :shock:

build the blake into the shop part of your shop,ie in plasterbord studd wall type box thing. you then could always have shelving on that wall and door. blakes arn't really messy like outersoles or that big. good luck

Or buy yourself a newly reconditioned 848 Outsoler that is neither big or messy :wink:

2006_0509Image0035.JPG

build the blake into the shop part of your shop,ie in plasterbord studd wall type box thing. you then could always have shelving on that wall and door. blakes arn't really messy like outersoles or that big. good luck

Or buy yourself a newly reconditioned 848 Outsoler that is neither big or messy :wink:

I brought one off ya !!! but would be too big for new place...

Personally those Dinosors are worth there weight in gold.

Clean them up, get them sprayed, H & S friendly then stick em in the window, nothing does a better PR job than to see a cobbler stitching a pair of soles on with a machine that goes like the clappers. Kids will be waiting for you to start it up after school. (its my earliest recolection of shoe repairs 60 years ago and never forgotten).Bet the machine is still going to albeit in its new formatt (an OXO tin) and plodding along chug chug chug.

cheers keith thats you off the christmas card list then....ha aha

i have to agree with you, all though it hurts to say that, that you could park a mini in the space my outasole takes up and i do like the new or recon outasole very much, but i know my one inside out and it works fine at the moment.

i think my next replacement would be to change cougar mk2 as this would then erradicate another orange monster from my sight.

regards windy

quite right hugh i know of a whb outsoler built as they say about this type of machine in 1939 and its still going strong and its very fast . kieths engineers also know this machine well, the nickname for this machine is the animal but when used by us old guys who aint afraid of a bit of noise it does a good job