Shoe Repairer Forum

Suede renovator , just rude.

Customer bought some suede renovator, was going to apply it straight away in my shop. I said no way. My shop is very small, and it could poison my fish tank.

So just outside my shop, on the station concourse she did it. Leaving two massive black stains in the concourse, and walked off without a care in the world. I felt it my duty ( to my landlord) to clean it up. Pissed me right off.

in the heady 1980s days of while u wait   we once had one who  sat on the heell bar stool scraped the dog shit off on to the footrest ( we only noticed once she had buggered off ) then handed her shoes over to be heeled I refused to touch them toxioplasmosiss , honest ive come to hate quite  a of the general public

i had a customer take a pair of tan shoes off place them on the counter and asked couldI heel them while-u-wait I

I said no worries picked them up and said to him they were wet he said oh yes my leg uclers have been weeping, then reached in his pocket pulled out a photo of them. beat that one :-o  

ok  then once  cut a key for an old fella   as he turned to leave my shop  he uttered  " me bowels  gone   have you got  a plastic  bag son ",  out of his trouser leg appeared what looked like  a chicken korma ( it wasn't ) he scraped  his filth  off  his   shoe  got  on his disabled scooter  & drove off with his leg sticking out .  I went to clean it up  ( I was wretching )   the local priest came past  "are you alright " he said I  told him what had happened " the durty bastrd"  and crossed himself

Sounds like I’m quite lucky in that most of my customers will clean their shoes before bringing them in.

But I once had a guy ask for a while you wait. As soon as he took his boot off I nearly gagged at the smell. He then put his foot on the counter to proudly show a blister the size of my fist and the worst fungal infection I’ve ever seen