Shoe Repairer Forum

Laces on a roll

Hugh, when I said afford it I meant space, NOT cost! As I said, it's about what SPACE you can afford and dedicate to it considering the relatively small amount of profit per square metre of shop space !

:wink: I agree Keith footage is of paramount importance in a medium to small unit. There are however quite a number of large units that cry out for something like this to fill the space.

Johns display is geared to the size of the wall and a huge display too. The way to sell anything to the public is to throw it at them, or stick it under their noses.

The display does not have to centre around the space John is using, someone has already quoted that they could be hung from the ceiling.

One way of doing this is to have the rolls at ceiling level but the laces come down behind the normal displays and exit at a position around 5 feet high.

Another way would be to have the rolls in the cellar (if you have one)and bring the laces behind the display exiting as previous.

There can also be a much smaller wall display with the surplus being held elswhere.

Most important is the visual impact and this is acheived with colour and contrasts. Vibrant colours both in laces and polishes attract curiosity.

A display of 4' x 4' could be most beneficial if the ceiling idea is not practical.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update!

Peter Cooper has been out of the country for a couple of weeks, hence no email replies.

I have contacted PBN Associates direct am awaiting a reply.

Perhaps if anyone else interest contacted them it might raise there eye brows!

01706 223620

I have also emailed Caroline at shoe string this morning

It would appear after a week of communications that in the UK these are "currently :wink: " our only two options.

Lee

• 2 years later...

Hi Dave, do you have a picture from the multi coloured laces?

There can be a discussion about the space you need for laces on roll, but my laces-sale increased over the last years with 110%! :lol:

I have only left standard laces I know they buy it often and let all the other ones go off my wall. First I had 300 types on the wall, for some off them it took more then 10 years(!) to sell a box off 10 pairs. :cry:

Now I have only 30 types and the sell off packed laces went down with only 10%!

My conclusion is that 95% off the laces you sell, is 10 % off your assortment.

You can make it clear by making a note on the ordering-card which is in every box off laces you put on the wall: Put the date on the card and look how long it take to sell a box. You will see that most off the laces will take many years too sell a box.

Off course it needs time too make laces, but I can make every lace the customer wants! :D

I get orders in my webshop http://www.customlaces.eu from allover the country, even from Belgium! O:)

You can do what you want, but for my shop it's the best idea for years.

Cheers,

The Dutch "Running" Cobbler

So presumably if it's the same as you stock, rlj, you are also taking the now legendary figure of £600-800 per week :shock: :shock: in laces sales?

And it's not that impressive a picture, :wink: I mean look at how the flash is bouncing back, it's taken at a dodgy angle... and it's out of focus :lol: :lol: