Shoe Repairer Forum

dead serious question here..WILL CHARLES BIRCH ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO SUPPLY ANYTHING FOR ANYONE ANYMORE SOON... getting so hacked off with them,saying we dont stock this n that anymore.......TRY ASKING FOR CREPE..another thing they dont stock..3mm lds foam inserts...the list goes on..the guys in the warehouse are great...but THE BUYERS they need to pull there fingers out and find suppliers who can supply them.........JOKE REALLY....

can we start a list of things cbs cant supply...on a reguler basis ive started can anyone else add any more........perhaps nameing and shameing might get one of the bosses to sort there company out and tell us a reason why they are a supplier but constantly fail to supply...........ludicrus..and very very annoying..... :-({|=

dead serious question here..WILL CHARLES BIRCH ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO SUPPLY ANYTHING FOR ANYONE ANYMORE SOON... getting so hacked off with them,saying we dont stock this n that anymore.......TRY ASKING FOR CREPE..another thing they dont stock..3mm lds foam inserts...the list goes on..the guys in the warehouse are great...but THE BUYERS they need to pull there fingers out and find suppliers who can supply them.........JOKE REALLY....

can we start a list of things cbs cant supply...on a reguler basis ive started can anyone else add any more........perhaps nameing and shameing might get one of the bosses to sort there company out and tell us a reason why they are a supplier but constantly fail to supply...........ludicrus..and very very annoying..... :-({|=

Naming and shaming isn't the forum way k@lsb, if you have an issue with a supplier its best to take it up with them, and if your not happy use another supplier.

Starting a witch hunt isn't the answer.

planet

the forum is not the place to start a campaign against a company.

Chris has already responded to similar topics before

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3377&p=34045#p34045

this isn't a problem that affects just one company, this week I ordered 135 pairs of slippers & only received 87! the order was 48 pairs short. now given slippers is about the only thing this company does, why couldn't they complete my order. :twisted:

this is a fact of the current economic climate, supply is going to change. but we are better to discuss good suppliers, than the other way round.

Lee

this isn't a problem that affects just one company, this week I ordered 135 pairs of slippers & only received 87! the order was 48 pairs short. now given slippers is about the only thing this company does, why couldn't they complete my order. :twisted:

just read this post lee do you sell slippers in the shop is this a good line to add in if so who is the supplier even is stock levels are low if its a good line ill give it a go.

craig

I can recommend, (all though not used for years)

Kidderminster Footwear

New Road Complex

Kidderminster

Worcestershire

DY10 1AL

United Kingdom

Phone: +44 (0) 1562 744022

Fax: +44 (0) 1562 515343

E-mail: info@kidderminsterfootwear.com

Sales: sales@kidderminsterfootwear.com

Export: export@kidderminsterfootwear.com

MARK

Thanks for bringing this topic to my attention, it is always especially interesting to hear comments about our own company wether good or bad. The forum,as has been said, is a great talking shop and I am happy to accept any constructive criticsm of our company

planet uk900

just to let you no ,i have spocken to cbs on lots of occasions,the staff always seem to give the answeres as best they can,its not about naming and shaming its about pure facts..i agree lee its not the forums way to name and shame, but this is a open forum meaning situations like this may arise..this sort of thing should not just be brushed under the carpet..as it is seen not to be politically correct or the forums way of dealing with it...i am and always will be someone who says what he thinks, and will not be ashamed to say it, be it correct or not..thats why we have freedom of speech...why do programs like WATCHDOG etc get so many people writing in and contacting them..because people get hacked of with situations with companys etc..im not about to kiss no ones butt..in order to get what i feel i want from the company i spend thousands with each year..I DO NOT HAVE AN ISSUE with cbs service..the staff are freindly and do the best they can do......BUT i want what i need.AS A PAYING CUSTOMER..THEY SUPPLY, I BUY, THATS HOW IT WORKS..

or should be..finding another supplier is not a problem..but i dont want another supplier i use them as there service on the whole is good.....perhaps there buyer whoever this is needs to pull there finger out..because stateing we dont do certain products anymore is not a viable excuse (unless obserlete)to me, especially when MY customers come in for products they have and did always supply me,and my competitors all have and get them with relative ease...sorry guys on the forum but this is the way i feel and yes i have spocken to many members of there staff to get this sorted out ,but always seem to get no ware....I DONT CARE IF THEY HAVE TO GO to another supplier to get the product we as there customer want..if other suppliers are suppling it WHY ARE THEY NOT......

pps we use the epos till system in our shop..and if you no anything about this system you may appreciate this thread a little more and whats involved with using a system in our 3 shops and stock.....ALL I WOULD LIKE IS MY SUPPlYER TO SUPPLY ME..is that to much?? ](*,)i await a reply please.

the forum is not the place to start a campaign against a company.

Chris has already responded to similar topics before

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3377&p=34045#p34045

this is a fact of the current economic climate, supply is going to change. but we are better to discuss good suppliers, than the other way round.

Lee

lee at least you got 87 pairs and you no they still do them lol better than a constant big fat zero everytime, and yes i am well aware that it does not only affect one company

this is a fact of the current economic climate, supply is going to change again it has been since the introduction of the internet..pretty soon you will have no need for any supplier as it will all be on flea bay...........especially as the supposid suppliers cant supply lol lol

• 1 year later...

One thing to take into account is that it could be a supply problem for the wholesaler too! In other words, they are let down by their supplier who has decided that the cannot produce, or supply that item anymore. Remember, wholesalers are not making these items, merely buying them and selling on to you, so they have no control over supply other than market forces.

We have ourselves been let down by this problem in the past and are now thankful that we produce far more than we buy :D It is very frustrating, but for wholesalers with as many lines as CB it must be a logistical nightmare :?

I do sympathise with you all, but it's not always as easy to solve as it may seem :?

Keith

• 5 months later...