Shoe Repairer Forum

i don`t know about you guy`s but i am getting feb up with trying to get my credit notes i have one going back to July i phoned up today, the lady looked though the one`s she had in but not one of mine she did say they were behind with them (never slow to send out bills) another repairer in Coventry has told me he`s not paying his bill till they sort his out uyou do get to feel that way :roll:

lucky you, the last regular rep we had from an wholesaler was crap and didn't want to know about complaints or problems that he could've easily solved.

strangely enough we've just got ourselves a new rep who seems like 'the man' time will tell but he has already offered us those scouring bands at the price tel mentioned in a previous post as well as a better deal on pu tops and other goods, something our last rep never did.

i'll let you know how we go on with this one :D

Hi dave

Lets all assume we know what supplier your talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I waited 14 months for a credit note do you know what I did, I cancelled my account and used T colledge and son for everything and never looked back, nice reps, friendly staff on the phone That cost my old supplier about 1000 a month

I still wonder why we are not allowed to name and shame these companies, They know who they are yet for one reason or another we cant mention their company name, Can the moderaters please tell me why.

How do we know some one new to the trade reads this looking for good suppliers and has the misfortune to use them, This may happen now and again but we should have choices as to whom we use, I for one wouldn't use them again and there;s no point in me writting there name as it gets removed, is this because they sponser the site???? or is there some legal reason, as I dont think we breaking any laws as you see bad companies on tv being named so whats the difference, The only thing I can see is they sponser.

Thats how I feel, how about others out there

As I said previous I waited 14 months for a PROMISORY note NOT GOOD ENOUGH, get your act together, if its because your busy then get more staff

Mark, if I may shed some light on this subject.

It's often the case that when a customer has a problem, they use Forums to spout off how unhappy they are, in the old days they would pick up the phone :) and do it, or discuss it over a pint :D

In their unhappy state, ALL the facts of the issue can be forgotten, misinterpreted, or just not stated. Therefore, other users of the Forum will get a distorted view of whats happened and shun a Company based on what they have seen, rather than what has actually happened. The first port of call for a complaint should be the Company you have the issue with, if you're not satisfied with their service, vote with your feet :wink:

The rules of the Forum are there to protect all, not just the repairers but the supplies alike. I believe this to be fair and just for all.

I hope this helps

Keith

I still wonder why we are not allowed to name and shame these companies, They know who they are yet for one reason or another we cant mention their company name, Can the moderaters please tell me why.

How do we know some one new to the trade reads this looking for good suppliers and has the misfortune to use them, This may happen now and again but we should have choices as to whom we use, I for one wouldn't use them again and there;s no point in me writting there name as it gets removed, is this because they sponser the site???? or is there some legal reason, as I dont think we breaking any laws as you see bad companies on tv being named so whats the difference, The only thing I can see is they sponser.

Thats how I feel, how about others out there

As I said previous I waited 14 months for a PROMISORY note NOT GOOD ENOUGH, get your act together, if its because your busy then get more staff

Thanks for raising this point again Mark.

What you have to remember is the site is a “publicationâ€

So easy to bring a reputable company into disrepute by posting fictional material. While I have sympathy for anyone having an issue with poor materials, poor service, poor accountancy, naming them to pursue a means to an end is not in the interests of the forum.

All I can say in regards to problems is that, the bigger the company the more complex the problems. Trying to solve them can in itself be a problem on an epic scale.