Shoe Repairer Forum

Onwards and Upwards

I want to tell you all a story, it is a little long winded but please bear with me.

January 2017 marks the 10 year anniversary from when I started The Cotswold Engraver.

It all started as an idea on a night shift in my previous job when we could not buy a trophy locally for a quiz. I thought there had to be a call for a trophy supplier in our part of the world, did some research eventually discovering the trophex exhibition was taking place at the NEC in January, got myself and a friend some tickets and went along. The idea grew from that first visit to Trophex.

ASE Awards (as it was originally called) was born. We were soon up and running alongside my full time job building up the business using little more than a couple of thousand pounds spent on a credit card!

I soon discovered you all at the shoerepairer forum and have to say you have been an invaluable source of help and advice from the start to which I have to say a big thank you! The power of the forum is unrivalled.

5 years ago I was made redundant from the company I worked for, but it was the best thing that could have happened. We rebranded the business to The Cotswold Engraver and went full time working from home.

In that time the business has grown from strength to strength with the support of my very understanding wife who has had her home taken over and slowly filled with trophies!

With the 10 year anniversary of that first idea being born fast approaching we have just signed the lease on our first business premises and will be moving in on the 1st December, just in time for the Christmas rush!

I just wanted to give you all on this forum a big round of applause for all of your help and support over the years and look forward to many more! :smt041  :smt041  :smt041   ..srfr..

Kind regards Andy Everson

The Cotswold Engraver