Shoe Repairer Forum

pro military boot repair

Saving your band may not be your problem.

But I would certainly cut the units off.

A picture would help advice on your next move.

I would be very careful of what your taking on, as I have seen some which are more or less

Impossible to repair to a standard to cope with there original intentions.

They sound like they have injection moulded units.... Sometimes the upper doesn,t fold

Underneath the inner boarding, when the unit is removed you can be in real trouble.

Lift the insole up inside to see if the upper goes underneath... if not... trouble. If yes still trouble, cut everthing off then use old band as it will ruin a new one. (thermoplastic)make sure no trace of it remains then glue & blake a resin sole on then your vibram type of unit will stick to this. There are alternate methods and its each to their own choice but whichever way you choose it may backfire on you unless you start with a clean upper.

Be very wary of scouring or cutting without finding if the upper goes under the sola as Planet says.

Excellent advice by all, but as we have not heard from discodave for 5 days now, we can only assume that he did not receive the advice in time and is in fact firmly attached to the boots......to the band.....to the machine by melted material and is actually starving to death as we speak

Excellent advice by all, but as we have not heard from discodave for 5 days now, we can only assume that he did not receive the advice in time and is in fact firmly attached to the boots......to the band.....to the machine by melted material and is actually starving to death as we speak

pmsl :lol:

:lol: been doing poxy shoes till 12 every night and customer has taken boots back temporarily

got a photo sorted at last but ive only got it as an email and im not too good with this tecnology stuff so can i email lee or someone and they can upload it for me please.

pm me an email address, :D thanks