Shoe Repairer Forum

Repair products

Has anyone heard of Repair Products UK Ltd.?

Been searching the web to find something to touch up my high heels and some of the trims on my shoes. The heels match the colour of the leather (one is pink and the other is a fake cork effect) and the trims are gold and a yellow silver.

The website advertises 2 products for repairing leather/vinyl heels with 'liquid leather': Shoe and heels repair kits and Women's heel repair kit. There is also a product called Shoe goo for gluing soles etc.

Has anyone tried these and are they any good. Don't want to go making things any worse than they are already... :?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any other product that might be suitable to use. Problem is that I only need small amounts, so wouldn't want to buy a massive bottle.

Any ideas?

Would love to take them to a cobblers, if only there was one, but unfortunately there are none here in sunny Pattaya (Thailand) at least none that I've found so far who can do anything more than stick a sole or heel on with black being the only colour. Am still looking though.

That's why I've been web searching so I can order and deliver to a friend to bring out for me.

Another reason for seeing if anyone knows if the stuff is any good or not as would be a bit of a waste of time and effort otherwise.

I've got an idea, how about one of you guys coming out here and setting up business. Sure you'd do well with the expats and not everyone else goes around in flip flops. All the girls seem to like their towering stilettos, though whether they'd bother getting them repaired or not is another thing... oh, and I suppose you wouldn't actually be able to charge that much... maybe not a good idea after all...

Sounds like you have some experience of our lovely Thai ladies...

Though have to say that if they're small and have had their adams apples shaved, gets really difficult.

Have you ever seen the ones who win the Miss Tiffany Universe? I reckon anyone would have a problem telling whether or not they were the real thing. :wink:

I have a mate who comes over to visit his dad who lives in Chiang Mai. He always reckons that if they're really attractive you've got the wrong one.... :oops:

Glad I only like boys! :lol: