Shoe Repairer Forum

top pieces

if topy strong is not used in too small a top piece, minimum 1.25" and cemented on not just stapled on dry it doesn't spread and wears very well compared to nitrile or super nitrile :D

on under 1.25" i use topy twintop vulko.... :D

[-X Topy Strong, Does spread wether you glue it or not, it also accomadates stones, and on hollow heels it easily pushes up into the cavity. I always found when customers brought them back for re-heel, they always looked untidy.

Topy Strong is a very dense material, almost putty like. If you hit it too hard with the hammer on the edge, it distorts. or if you press the heels on with a little too much pressure it squashs down distorting the gauge of the material.

Super Nitrile aint what it used to be either, but it gives a better finish, and still looks tidy when they're brought back for re-heel, as it doesn't spread at all.

if topy strong is not used in too small a top piece, minimum 1.25" and cemented on not just stapled on dry it doesn't spread and wears very well compared to nitrile or super nitrile :D

on under 1.25" i use topy twintop vulko.... :D

[-X Topy Strong, Does spread wether you glue it or not, it also accomadates stones, and on hollow heels it easily pushes up into the cavity. I always found when customers brought them back for re-heel, they always looked untidy.

Topy Strong is a very dense material, almost putty like. If you hit it too hard with the hammer on the edge, it distorts. or if you press the heels on with a little too much pressure it squashs down distorting the gauge of the material.

Super Nitrile aint what it used to be either, but it gives a better finish, and still looks tidy when they're brought back for re-heel, as it doesn't spread at all.

oh well, looks like i'm wrong again... #-o

don't know how i've stayed in business so long.. :-k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...