Shoe Repairer Forum

Resoling Timberland boots

Hi folks,

I'm nothing to do with the shoe repair business but I hoped that I could pick your brains. I'm thinking of buying some Timberland Earthkeeper boots, similar to these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00111NDQK

Being the old-fashioned type, I'm reluctant to shell out a large amount of cash on boots that won't last more than a year. Could anyone tell me if these sort of boots can be resoled and if so, if it's something that a general high street cobbler would do for a reasonable price?

That's great, thanks very much for the reply. Is there a quick way for the layperson to tell at a glance if a shoe is going to be repairable before buying? I hate chucking out good shoes just because the sole's worn through. I was told by a Timpsons guy that a lot of modern shoes can't really be resoled.

• 1 year later...
Is there anyone in the Renfrewshire area that can give me a quote for resoling timberland boots identical to those in the above link? Or anyone at all who could give me an idea of roughly how much resoling these boots should cost?

Many Thanks.

Paisley has 2 independent shoe repairers, 1 in Piazza centre, 1 in the other shopping centre, also independents in Helensburgh, Alexandria,Dumbarton and 2 in Clydebank, i think there's 1 in Barrhead, hope that helps

Is there anyone in the Renfrewshire area that can give me a quote for resoling timberland boots identical to those in the above link? Or anyone at all who could give me an idea of roughly how much resoling these boots should cost?

Many Thanks.

Paisley has 2 independent shoe repairers, 1 in Piazza centre, 1 in the other shopping centre, also independents in Helensburgh, Alexandria,Dumbarton and 2 in Clydebank, i think there's 1 in Barrhead, hope that helps

but derek you forgot to say you are one of the ones in clydebank.

craig