Shoe Repairer Forum

inside ring engraver

do you mean those expandable bangles?? i have a ring attatchment for the gem rx, and i have been messing about with these for a while. trouble is you can't really get a good grip on them, i have been meaning to get some tiny clamps to stop them contracting/expanding. i have also made a longer diamond to reach the bangle when it is clamped, so in theory i should be able to engrave them. this may be something to throw at gravograph to see if there machine can stretch to a bangle.

cheers for idea rick. i have a strong paperclip on standby for when i next get a bangle in. i have also put aside a crocodile clip for a name badge to see if that works too. if you are really looking to get a ring engraver make sure you contact all your local jewellers, you will probably find they have to send there rings away for engraving, with a couple of weeks turn-around. as long as you can offer a cheaper/faster/better service, you should also get some knock-ons, bracelets, pendants etc.

Guest Iain Cheall
if you are really looking to get a ring engraver make sure you contact all your local jewellers, you will probably find they have to send there rings away for engraving, with a couple of weeks turn-around. as long as you can offer a cheaper/faster/better service, you should also get some knock-ons, bracelets, pendants etc.

I already do work for a few local jewelers and asked them if I could provide a ring engraving service for them and they said that there was no point as most of the ring makers offer it free and cheap as I am :wink: I can't beat free :lol: