Shoe Repairer Forum

IS200 sample work ?

Hi Minit, the question wasn't "what can be done on a is200tx only"

I think TITS is looking for inspiration, as to ideas on building on his engraving services.

TITs came into the trade with little or no knowledge of the trade, and helping him in any way we can is the order of the day :wink:

Thats what the forum is great for. :smt024

He has helped a few including myself in fixing computers, as IT is his field. :D

Hi Minit, the question wasn't "what can be done on a is200tx only"

I think TITS is looking for inspiration, as to ideas on building on his engraving services.

TITs came into the trade with little or no knowledge of the trade, and helping him in any way we can is the order of the day :wink:

Thats what the forum is great for. :smt024

He has helped a few including myself in fixing computers, as IT is his field. :D

Hi :lol:

Thats what im after, Good ideas, Im keen to work out when the 200 has maxed out and you need to be looking at a 400.

Brass plate in particular, never cut any brass yet ! used the gravograph door plates but only scratched the name on, never done any really deep cutting yet ! Will the machine handle deep cuts into brass door plate ?

Will the machine handle deep cuts into brass door plate ?

Yes it will, but you'll need sharp cutters, although there are people who offer a sharpening service, I think your own cutter sharpener is a must.

You can't do an exceptable job with blunt cutters, and an infill will be impossible because of the bur left on your engraving.

how do you do such a good job of engraving with spelling like that :lol:

them signs are quality 8)

mark, besides displaying signs and maybe selling a few are there any other methods that you used originally to justify going computerised?

(we've never been asked to do a corporate sign and most folk balk at the prices of the house signs that we get from other firms)

i'm still considering it but i don't fancy laying out a packet only to find out that it ddoesn't pay in the long run if i can't generate good custom.

cheers, rick.

I was very vary of spending such alot of money going into computerised engraving. It was the best thing I ever did, infact I am investing more and more into it all the time.

I wouldn't go into it half hearted, you need the whole 9 yards to be really successful with it (in my opinion)

You need an engraving machine capable of doing a wide range of products, House signs, memorial plaques, Corporate signs etc.

and with it you need a saw for cutting out materials, a cutter sharpener, a bevelling machine, edge rounder. And just as important a good range of materials & engravable products.

With all these things at your disposal I guarentee you'll be a big success.