Shoe Repairer Forum

wifi or memory stick?

Hi I have a few Gravograph machines and need to move some to create room they will go upstairs but rather than use cable wondered if it were possible to either wifi or memory stick it?

I have a is200 400 and Laser.

Does any one have the answer or will It have to be cable to transmit the job?

The computer will be downstairs, I have considered 2 PC's but think it best to stick to one.

(running gravo7)

I am not familiar with gravo graph but I run trotec And umarq machines 12 in total now in workshop and every engraver has its own pc with own engraving software installed on each all connected to the main server where all the work is saved so all saved jobs and templates can be opened on any machine. Even the 4 engravers in my shop have their own pc and link to the same server through our vpn.

Craig

Ghe people I have talked with have had issues tryin to get machines talking over networks. The main problem is that some of the biderectional communication does not go through the print driver.

This indicates it ought to be possible to send a job but not use point and shoot.

You'll still need a pc near the machine to act as print server.

I would suggest usb cables are always the easiest method.

Ghe people I have talked with have had issues tryin to get machines talking over networks. The main problem is that some of the biderectional communication does not go through the print driver.

This indicates it ought to be possible to send a job but not use point and shoot.

You'll still need a pc near the machine to act as print server.

I would suggest usb cables are always the easiest method.

Only templates on server every machine has its own pic beside it or some laptop

Craig