Shoe Repairer Forum

Cash registers

I am registering for VAT from January the first and really need to update my till.  We have a very limited retail section so it's mainly services.  My current till is very basic and doesn't even print the company name (Casio 140Cr).  Obviously I need something that prints a nice receipt with all the vat details etc.  Any recommendations?

Also, some of my services I have a good mix of commercial and domestic customers.   For some customers I will be quoting a price plus vat and for others price including VAT.  Is it possible to choose how to enter it on the till or can the till only be programmed one way or another?  Does that make sense?

We have a Casio SE-S400, found a site selling them at half price. Prints great reciepts with a logo and has a VAT button which will make it print a breakdown on the reciept. But it won't show you the price not including VAT on the screen.

It's a great till for the money, keeps loads of record, taking per hour and things like that. An EPOS system would do it how you described, but I'm not aware of any "normal" cash register that does.

I am registering for VAT from January the first and really need to update my till.  We have a very limited retail section so it's mainly services.  My current till is very basic and doesn't even print the company name (Casio 140Cr).  Obviously I need something that prints a nice receipt with all the vat details etc.  Any recommendations?

Also, some of my services I have a good mix of commercial and domestic customers.   For some customers I will be quoting a price plus vat and for others price including VAT.  Is it possible to choose how to enter it on the till or can the till only be programmed one way or another?  Does that make sense?

the easiest thig to do is get your till to 'print' the vat on all transactions separately, this way it will be there for all.

We have a Casio SE-S400, found a site selling them at half price. Prints great reciepts with a logo and has a VAT button which will make it print a breakdown on the reciept. But it won't show you the price not including VAT on the screen.

It's a great till for the money, keeps loads of record, taking per hour and things like that. An EPOS system would do it how you described, but I'm not aware of any "normal" cash register that does.

Ok, got a Casio SE-S450 coming :)