Shoe Repairer Forum

Fimac Mascotte

To you folks who run a Fimac Mascotte Blake stitcher.

I'm looking at the feasibility of buying one to set up in my garage (no room in shop).

Possibly going to buy a 3 phase Mascotte and use an inverter to operate it in single phase but would like to know what wattage the motor is rated at.

Gary at Standard found that the installation docs recommend wiring it through a 16 amp isolator. Wow, that makes for a bloody heavy duty motor!

Thanks

To you folks who run a Fimac Mascotte Blake stitcher.

I'm looking at the feasibility of buying one to set up in my garage (no room in shop).

Possibly going to buy a 3 phase Mascotte and use an inverter to operate it in single phase but would like to know what wattage the motor is rated at.

Gary at Standard found that the installation docs recommend wiring it through a 16 amp isolator. Wow, that makes for a bloody heavy duty motor!

Thanks

it is approx 1amp or even less. The motor is something like 0.5hp (370-400watt) most invertors would cover this but be warned, buy the correct type of invertor as most need the motor changing from star to delta (or the other way round) as they operate on a different voltage.

As for the 16a isolator this could well be the instructions for the invertor as they need a high current when they are turned on, there is a spike and not only will it have to be 16a but if you have circuit breakers you may need to get a C class one.

You do mean an invertor and not a convertor don't you?