Shoe Repairer Forum

New house signs for spring display

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o 6 or 12mm

birch marbelite is not even that thick

Have you checked your facts properly before making this statement?

I think not.

All our Marblite is 6mm thick Corian made by Dupont. Look on the back of most pieces and the information is printed on the back.

Its ridiculous, not thought out comments like this that snowball and start to get people bad reputations.

I don't mind criticism - I gain lots from it, but posts like this are really annoying!

Kev

:o 6 or 12mm

birch marbelite is not even that thick

Have you checked your facts properly before making this statement?

I think not.

All our Marblite is 6mm thick Corian made by Dupont. Look on the back of most pieces and the information is printed on the back.

Its ridiculous, not thought out comments like this that snowball and start to get people bad reputations.

I don't mind criticism - I gain lots from it, but posts like this are really annoying!

Kev

However Kev, its this type off miss information that can lead to legal actions, quite often not because of what was said but because those involved haven't got there eye on the ball.

By your active involvement in the topics & forum, you can nip them in the bud with the facts.

Mr Birch should give you a pay rise, you've probably saved & made them thousands with your involvement on the forum.

The forum stands corrected :oops:

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone over to Gravolaq for flood filling,much better.

This was one of CB blanks but I just got some info from Corian yesterday,might ring them next week about prices and size of sheets.

I will probably have to invest in a new machine for cutting my own shapes as my Mastergrave Universal is very restricted in its maximum cut size.

Was thinking maybe an IS6000.

Any Opinions?

Nice one Michael, looks like a good infill aswell. What paint are you using. Did you use a CB blank or cut it out yourself?

I did another for display today, not happy with the colours I've used though.

157_corianplaquebrassinsert_1.jpg

The green gets lost in the pattern of the Corian.Plain would be better with fine details I suspect.

Was thinking maybe an IS6000.

Any Opinions?

:smt038 I have an is7000 and its brilliant !! I would reccomend you go down this route :wink:

I would really love an IS400 volume but room is also a factor.

Would it be cheaper to buy an IS6000 and stick with me Universal for day to day stuff or forget the 6000 and go for a 400 volume?

It wont be yet,having a few cashflow probs at the moment so curbing me spending but would like to start planning ahead.

I was going to do it black, but already have enough black on display. One mans poison is another mans medicine......Bet I sell one before next weeks out :D

I bet you will too...probably knock on all the number 49's in your town until someone buys it :smt045 :lol: good work again planet, top marks from me :smt023