Shoe Repairer Forum

Waterproof Tester?

I'm looking to purchase a watch waterproof tester and after reading Lee's tutorial I'm still unsure about which model to go for.

Wet,dry, Elma, Bergeon, Calypso?? Lots to choose from but not a lot of feedback to read through.

Prices have also changed quite a bit since Lee's tutorial :shock:

Any opinions?? [-o<

You need a wet tester first & foremost as you can diagnose better with them. In hindsight I regret getting 5555 / 98 shown in the tutorial I did. I wish I'd brought the 5555 /10 a few more pounds but goes to a higher pressure & can be connected to a compressor. the dry tester is great for a quick & easy test, I use it 80% of the time. but you can't diagnose leaks very easily with it. But one things for certain with tests (like everything!) you only get what you pay for.

Lee

I also wanted to present the watches better after repair, with some type of guarantee card but not sure of the wording.

I use small ziplock bags for keys so could utilise these with a different printed card for the watches. I like the brown envelope type which Cousins have, anyone used these? What they like? Not sure of the wording on the front!

Any other pre-made ones available?