Shoe Repairer Forum

DAVENPORT-BURGESS WEBSITE LIVE

However people, Don't expect to be able to "instantly" place an order. I registered early this morning & following a very helpful conversation with Chris it appears that new users can only be added when the davenports system is updated.

I think this might only be possible when they are not using the system, so it could be a case of allowing 24 hours for registration. Is this correct Andy?

Lee

At present, yes we have to approve customers who open an account with us. I am doing this as soon as I possibly can when I receive the email, but your accounts will only be fully set up when our system updates, which is every evening. So yes I would say if you register for an account before 5pm it should be up and running at around 9am the next working day. If anyone has any problems or queries with the website I am the point of contact, so please email me chris@davenport-burgess.com

and I'll do my best to help you as soon as I can. Many thanks.

I had to leave work at 10.30am this morning to go to the cutting edge committee meeting, so didn't have a lot of time but at that point in time I hadn't received a confirmation email.

I will log on tomorrow morning!

Lee

I have just logged into the new site with no trouble, like the "order history" (currently blank!) on the log in page.

I will place my order tomorrow, when I can unearth it from the mountain of paperwork from the cuttingedge meeting :lol:

Lee

It seems confirmation emails are not being sent out (Not good) though the accounts are being activated on a nightly basis. I will look into the email situation.

If anyone has any concerns or suggestions for the website please email me with them, and we'll do our best to eleviate any problems.

PM'd!

Well I finally did my order on line! It took age’s it would have been far quicker sending a fax! BUT by seeing the prices of items in front off me, some keys I found my self ordering a few more to get a better price. This I liked & it would have saved me quite a bit in the long run. it was good to see the prices & lists to make sure your ordering the correct blank & to familiarise myself with some items I have been unclear about in the past.

Lee

I also did my first order earlier.It's good to see how much items you are ordering are costing.I also love browsing through categories although I tend to order more stuff I dont need :?

The only thing I was unsure about was when I confirmed my order it asked for an order no. I just put in my account number and it processed my order.Don't know if this was correct but it worked!!!

I also did my first order earlier.It's good to see how much items you are ordering are costing.I also love browsing through categories although I tend to order more stuff I dont need :?

The only thing I was unsure about was when I confirmed my order it asked for an order no. I just put in my account number and it processed my order.Don't know if this was correct but it worked!!!

Well done DB, your sales should increase by 10% :D

The interest has certainly been there in the first week of the website being up and running. I have opened about 50 web accounts, although we've only received a few actual orders. I am approving each account as soon as I get the email but at present the accounts go live when the update to our system is run each evening.