Shoe Repairer Forum

Health & Safety Specs

the importance of wearing Health & Safety Specs - we all know - but which make are the best,

reason i am asking is my staff and myseld always wear them but occasionally even though we have them on each one of us from time to time have had a piece of rubber or worse a metal filing in our eye - causing a lot of pain and time to wash eye out -

thing is Health & Safety Specs should always work, so what is the answer?

depends on the type of glasses you wear, there are meny different types some of which wrap around and some with sides:

http://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/3/

may be one of these would be better, your risk assessment would show problems with your glasses so try another type?

thinking about it may be the ultra shield would be best cover your face up, everyone wins :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks peter looking at the chart

we have some like these,

Bolle Contour Clear Lens - £5.95

Bolle Contour combines a fresh and exciting style with the famous Bolle protection technology to create the ultimate lightweight safety spectacle.

super lightweight for prolonged wearing 21g

fashionable shape

polycarbonate lens with optically correct lens (EN 166-Class 1)

Free Bolle Spec Bag to protect your glasses.

Tip Grip sports temples

Panoramic vision

The Bottom Line

95% succes according to the chart, so it seems strange for my staff and i to have had problems. will look at updating to another type though. i dont want any more claims..

I always buy safety glasses with rotating arms, because you can the adjust the angle of the lenses on your face, meaning they can be altered to be closer to your face shape. I couldn't really tell from the images on that link, if these where the same.

Lee