Shoe Repairer Forum

finisher extracter fan is blowing out ???

My hardo finishing machine all works fine ie bands,trimmers,brushes etc BUT when the fan is turned on cold air blows out all the vents although it is not blowing out any dust etc, however when I am using the bands the dust does not go into the vents it lyes on the outside of the machine. What could this be ? there doesn't seem to be a blockage or split in the bag.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no engineer, but if the air is blowing the wrong way, is the motor wired up correctly?

No dust coming out when the fan is on would seem to suggest this is not the case perhaps?

Therefore, there can only be some sort of blockage preventing the air from going where it is supposed to i.e. into the dust bag.

If it were me & I couldn't find anything obvious wrong with it, I'd be on the phone to Standard or Siserve to come & sort it for me ASAP.

Since your first post was nearly 3 weeks ago, if the dust isn't being sucked into the bag, surely your shop must be overwhelmed by dust by now...?