Shoe Repairer Forum

oooops!

Guest Phill

Customer of ours was out of town and the front of their shoe came unstuck. Took it in to nearest shoe repairer large national company lets say no more. :shock:

He was told to take a seat it was going to be 15mins

The shop got quite busy and 15 mins came and went, then a strange smell started to fill the air before the look of shock came over the repairers face.

Yes you guest it, they left the shoe under the heat lamp for a bit to long :lol:

They did try to repair them but apparently the shoe was about two sizes smaller

He was given money to go and buy a new pair though.

Customer of ours was out of town and the front of their shoe came unstuck. Took it in to nearest shoe repairer large national company lets say no more. :shock:

He was told to take a seat it was going to be 15mins

The shop got quite busy and 15 mins came and went, then a strange smell started to fill the air before the look of shock came over the repairers face.

Yes you guest it, they left the shoe under the heat lamp for a bit to long :lol:

They did try to repair them but apparently the shoe was about two sizes smaller

He was given money to go and buy a new pair though.

I think most of us have done something similar at some time, Its just human error :oops:

Be carefull anyone who replies to this post. Personal insults to any individual or company will not be tolerated on this forum.

Thanks in advance :wink:

I remembersetting fire to 2 pairs, 1 went up on its own through leaving it under the heater when too busy and the other had wax on as it had got trapped under the brushes, got the wax off with cellulose thinners and tried to dry it out faster under the heater, BANG, were's my eyebrows gone.

Remember when distressed boots and leather jackets first hit the shops!!

I was not very busy and decided to re-colour the guys flying jacket, I thought it had lost its colour over the years. Made a super job of it :lol:

I wont tell you the rest, or the cost of replacing it.

I think most of us will have a catastrophy at some time or other and it adds to the list of stories to tell the trainees or on get-together occasions.

It is a case of "There by the grace of God go I"

Setting fire to a pair of shoes? thats very impressive.

I remember working as a relief manager many moons ago. Monday morning get to the shop, use the toilet and as I slam the toilet door close, a pot of ink feel of a shelf all over a tan pair of nubuck boots

Cant help but think I was stitched up by the manager there

No names though uk900 :roll:

The worst I can remember is the re-colouring of every pair of shoes and boots in the shop using Magix spray cans, the vandals who broke in at night had a wonderful time when they could not find any cash suspected an ex co-worker but could not prove it. Most f the customers claimed on their household insurance and the rest were cheap plastic stilettos. A very long while ago!, I almost forgot that one.