Shoe Repairer Forum

Time to buy a Futura help needed

Hi, hoping for some advice from you knowledgeable folk.

There is more than one version of the Futura but I don't really need to cut to code as that's not what comes in the shop its all key duplication from an original

With this in mind it seems pointless paying for the Unlimited updates

The brands I get asked for are

Multilock/Garrison/Magnum (Older versions), avocet, Ultion, Yale (Superior & Platinum), ABS Avocet, ISEO,CISA ASTRAL, Locks 4 Vans

My question is, will the following Futura allow me to cut all of these ?

https://www.aldridgesecurity.co.uk/silca-3502-silca-futura-pro-machine.html#product.info.description.extra

All the best 

1 hour ago, mrkeys said:

There is more than one version of the Futura but I don't really need to cut to code as that's not what comes in the shop its all key duplication from an original

Multilock/Garrison/Magnum (Older versions), avocet, Ultion, Yale (Superior & Platinum), ABS Avocet, ISEO,CISA ASTRAL, Locks 4 Vans

https://www.aldridgesecurity.co.uk/silca-3502-silca-futura-pro-machine.html#product.info.description.extra

All the best 

You get updates for new systems when they hit the market so with the discount offered the pro unlimited is your best option but if your budget will not stretch then the cheaper option is also good to start with. You can always pay for updates when needed.

15 hours ago, lock&quay said:

I was looking at these but the  Ultion / Brisant  etc is not unlocked unless you have an account with them . The Miracle S10 is how ever  & the Keyline Ninja will be in February apparently .

where do we get the account?

how?

20 hours ago, mrkeys said:

All the best 

Judging from your post mate you don't need one.

All the keys you mention can be copied on a manual machine in under 5 minutes.

You don't cut to code, you don't need one.

Personally I'd love one but I'm in the same position as you.

They do look the business though.

I copy from the customer's key also, no cut to code needed.

Most cut to code goes online anyway plus you couldn't compete with online prices, the few that do come through the door it's not worth laying out 8k or whatever they cost.

Say you cut an additional 4 keys a month at £20 each just with the futura, that £80 a month.

It will take 8 years just to break even and going on silca's announcement recently it will be worthless in 5/6 years.

By the way I'm not one of the knowledgeable folk on here

7 hours ago, k4mrc said:

I did try before, asked for a large lock order???

I dont sell locks ffs

thanks anyhows

Even if you give them a   large stock order they will still obstruct you cutting their keys, ask Graham how he gets on with Brisant.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:20 AM, pee said:

All the keys you mention can be copied on a manual machine in under 5 minutes.

You don't cut to code, you don't need one.

Personally I'd love one but I'm in the same position as you.

They do look the business though.

I copy from the customer's key also, no cut to code needed.

Most cut to code goes online anyway plus you couldn't compete with online prices, the few that do come through the door it's not worth laying out 8k or whatever they cost.

Say you cut an additional 4 keys a month at £20 each just with the futura, that £80 a month.

It will take 8 years just to break even and going on silca's announcement recently it will be worthless in 5/6 years.

By the way I'm not one of the knowledgeable folk on here

Whats this about an announcement from Silca?

On 1/13/2024 at 11:20 AM, pee said:

I did not need an unocode 399 or a triax pro or a Silca Idea and even the F900 but trust me they soon make there money back.

When i bought the Unocode 399 over 15 years ago it was a MASSIVE gamble for us as a business not knowing if it would ever pay it's way.

It happened to be the best thing we ever purchased.

We are now cutting well over 50,000 keys a year and supplying customers all over the uk (with no advertising or online sales, all from word of mouth and through the forum).

They are expensive to a lot of people but if you invest in the best you can never ever regret buying one.

We are currently cutting 100 abus granit keys to code for a trade customer over the other side of the country as well as doing our own work.

Yesterday afternoon i was cutting a couple of Mauer safe blanks on the Idea, the granit keys on the 399, the F900 was cutting 80 cylinder keys and marking them and my colleague was cutting some Cisa Astral on the Triax Pro all at the same time. Does not always happen but it makes me smile when we do have all 4 running together.

Speculate to accumulate and NEVER be afraid to invest but make sure the machine is capable of handling the work you throw at it.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:18 PM, hibsjo(SCO) said:

the futura will still decode brisant just cant cut to code.

carry on!

Will it also decode & cut the Avocet range   ? Silca told me it would not ?  

It would be helpful if the sales staff had better knowledge of the product they are trying to sell .

16 minutes ago, lock&quay said:

Will it also decode & cut the Avocet range   ? Silca told me it would not ?  

It would be helpful if the sales staff had better knowledge of the product they are trying to sell .

Ask for a Demo. You can see then test all the options yourself.

If you get the Silca van to visit Matt will have the answer to all your questions.

23 hours ago, grahamparker said:

I did not need an unocode 399 or a triax pro or a Silca Idea and even the F900 but trust me they soon make there money back.

When i bought the Unocode 399 over 15 years ago it was a MASSIVE gamble for us as a business not knowing if it would ever pay it's way.

It happened to be the best thing we ever purchased.

We are now cutting well over 50,000 keys a year and supplying customers all over the uk (with no advertising or online sales, all from word of mouth and through the forum).

They are expensive to a lot of people but if you invest in the best you can never ever regret buying one.

We are currently cutting 100 abus granit keys to code for a trade customer over the other side of the country as well as doing our own work.

Yesterday afternoon i was cutting a couple of Mauer safe blanks on the Idea, the granit keys on the 399, the F900 was cutting 80 cylinder keys and marking them and my colleague was cutting some Cisa Astral on the Triax Pro all at the same time. Does not always happen but it makes me smile when we do have all 4 running together.

Speculate to accumulate and NEVER be afraid to invest but make sure the machine is capable of handling the work you throw at it.

Don't suppose you would invite me over one day to see your operation would you Graham? I am so intrigued as to what can be achieved.  :grin:

On 1/12/2024 at 4:16 PM, grahamparker said:

You get updates for new systems when they hit the market so with the discount offered the pro unlimited is your best option but if your budget will not stretch then the cheaper option is also good to start with. You can always pay for updates when needed.

Any idea what the rough cost of updates usually is? just a ball park figure

• 5 months later...

Hi @mrkeys

According to me your focus is on key duplication from an original rather than cutting to code, investing in the Unlimited updates might not be necessary. The Silca Futura Pro machine should be capable of handling the key brands you mentioned: Multilock/Garrison/Magnum (Older versions), Avocet, Ultion, Yale (Superior & Platinum), ABS Avocet, ISEO, CISA ASTRAL, and Locks 4 Vans.

For more detailed  you can check out the product description here: Silca Futura Pro Machine Servicenow

Hope this will :grin:

PiedPiper

3 hours ago, sammy5 said:

Hi @mrkeys

According to me your focus is on key duplication from an original rather than cutting to code, investing in the Unlimited updates might not be necessary. The Silca Futura Pro machine should be capable of handling the key brands you mentioned: Multilock/Garrison/Magnum (Older versions), Avocet, Ultion, Yale (Superior & Platinum), ABS Avocet, ISEO, CISA ASTRAL, and Locks 4 Vans.

For more detailed  you can check out the product description here: Silca Futura Pro Machine Servicenow

Hope this will :grin:

PiedPiper

what is the second link in this post about @sammy5 ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new Furura sat here still boxed & on a pallet . I purchased it on the understanding that the rep was going to  set it up  but have yet to show up , I might consider selling for the discount price I paid for it as I'm happy with my Miracle MS10 & I'd just buy something else to keep my accountant happy .