Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Have you spoken to your rep ?. I had my cylinder count reset after the MLA letter and Brisants response. I was at a point where I had to but 340 cylinders before I could have 1 blank. After a conversation my count was reset to zero and currently I have 30 blanks in credit with them and 20 left in stock. I am allowed 2 blanks for every cylinder sold from now on. Not ideal as my last 3 customers all had 3.4 and 4 cut. Had one customer who wanted 15 extra keys so replaced the lock with an old Federal cylinder I had left in stock. They will supply me with cut keys at pretty good trade prices that won’t effect my count but many customers want keys straight away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grahamparker said:

Have you spoken to your rep ?. I had my cylinder count reset after the MLA letter and Brisants response. I was at a point where I had to but 340 cylinders before I could have 1 blank. After a conversation my count was reset to zero and currently I have 30 blanks in credit with them and 20 left in stock. I am allowed 2 blanks for every cylinder sold from now on. Not ideal as my last 3 customers all had 3.4 and 4 cut. Had one customer who wanted 15 extra keys so replaced the lock with an old Federal cylinder I had left in stock. They will supply me with cut keys at pretty good trade prices that won’t effect my count but many customers want keys straight away.

what a crap/poor policy.

in all my years every customer who 'buys a new lock' whether i'm fitting or not has (averaged) 3 extra keys with each lock! thepeople that buy off the shelf normally cal back in to get a key cut.

If I was thinking of becoming an ultion agent/supplier it's this policy that kills it dead!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, k4mrc said:

what a crap/poor policy.

in all my years every customer who 'buys a new lock' whether i'm fitting or not has (averaged) 3 extra keys with each lock! thepeople that buy off the shelf normally cal back in to get a key cut.

If I was thinking of becoming an ultion agent/supplier it's this policy that kills it dead!

I agree it's extremely poor but I would be turning down lots of money if I do not follow the rules they set. Nearly every door fitted to me locally comes with Ultion locks as standard now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, grahamparker said:

I agree it's extremely poor but I would be turning down lots of money if I do not follow the rules they set. Nearly every door fitted to me locally comes with Ultion locks as standard now.

there are other suppliers and to be fair there all good :)

I find these great value and no issues

34DB7D3B-9180-4AE6-AE2F-FBC857083C64.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, k4mrc said:

there are other suppliers and to be fair there all good :)

I find these great value and no issues

 

Agreed, but most of my work on these is cutting customers keys not supplying new cylinders. I do supply new cylinders mainly to keep my blank count up but have reduced them in price so they are basically sold at just above cost price.

We cut on average approx 20 ultion keys a week so you can see the dilema.

I tried to order 100 of those when Davenports had the 20% offer on, only to be told they do not carry many in stock and therfore they would not qualify for 20% off. Was very disapointed as the website showed they had them in stock. Most where going to be 35/35 and 35/35 k&T.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2021 at 6:28 AM, grahamparker said:

Have you spoken to your rep ?. I had my cylinder count reset after the MLA letter and Brisants response. I was at a point where I had to but 340 cylinders before I could have 1 blank. After a conversation my count was reset to zero and currently I have 30 blanks in credit with them and 20 left in stock. I am allowed 2 blanks for every cylinder sold from now on. Not ideal as my last 3 customers all had 3.4 and 4 cut. Had one customer who wanted 15 extra keys so replaced the lock with an old Federal cylinder I had left in stock. They will supply me with cut keys at pretty good trade prices that won’t effect my count but many customers want keys straight away.

I've ditched brisant now won't be ordering from them any more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...