Shoe Repairer Forum

Heads up about key blanks

Spoke to Matt yesterday and although the Silca factory is in an Orange zone for Corona virus in Italy it is STILL in full production and they do not expect any issues at the moment.

You may find it is just uk buyers panic buying or stocking up just in case.

I have just stocked up on budget padlcoks ready for the return to school in September as every year in July/August suppliers run low without the added hindrence of the Corona virus.

I spoke to someone at aldridge as wondering when blanks would be coming back into stock, they could not give us a definite answer. I think someone has been buying a lot of stock just in case especially office furniture blanks. That's good to know about Silca as a knew the factory was in one of the infected main areas.

i would imagine most have been buying extra stock in case , topping up to get over any shotages caused by a few months of no stock , i know some distributors have been , i also suspect some have been panic buying , id also not put it past some to have bought in the hope they can double price and sellon if shortages , as with hand sanitizer

12 hours ago, grahamparker said:

Spoke to Matt yesterday and although the Silca factory is in an Orange zone for Corona virus in Italy it is STILL in full production and they do not expect any issues at the moment.

You may find it is just uk buyers panic buying or stocking up just in case.

I have just stocked up on budget padlcoks ready for the return to school in September as every year in July/August suppliers run low without the added hindrence of the Corona virus.

Both Silca and Errebi (North Italy) are both reporting that they are still producing. However, if they can transport the goods to the uk with all the red zones is another matter.