Sign in to follow this  
hibsjo(SCO)

trading standards

had a visit from trading standards yesterday want me to display all my prices for the public to see.

what do you guys have for your display price boards

ive got a list up for repairs but its ####

carry on!

Every pair of shoes is priced accordingly to the condition, materials required, and the time involved to repair. Therefor it is not possible to display a price list. 

Tell them to stick it. 

As I remember it, according to the Government Code of Practice for shoe repairers, and as a member of SOMSR, a price list of your routine repairs should be on show to your customers, as a cafe or restaurant has to display a price list in the window to give customers expected costs before entering the premises.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

As I remember it, according to the Government Code of Practice for shoe repairers, and as a member of SOMSR, a price list of your routine repairs should be on show to your customers, as a cafe or restaurant has to display a price list in the window to give customers expected costs before entering the premises.

Don’t think so , timpsons don’t have any on show and you would have thought they would know.

14 hours ago, Flash said:

None of the Cafes near me have price lists in the window, even Costa-lot!!

Has anyone apart from me ever heard of the code of practice for shoe repairers?

Look it up, seek it out, then tell me I'm wrong!!! Ask Robin he should know.

I used to have price list on the wall, but it resulted in arguments all day long!

i.e

Ladies Heels From   £5.99 , or  keys from £3.99

Customers always missed the From even thou it was 5 font size larger !

Customers turn up with 3" ladies Heels, or a worn down Heel that needed build up , and when I Said £11:99 , they were straightaway saying why  it says £5.99 on there?, its not fair , it against trading standards or marketing/pricing laws/rules ect... 

3 years ago , I put the price list down, and now when they say how much is a key or shoe repairs, I say can Isee it? then give them the price, if they happy , take the payment and offer the service. If not happy, they leave but  after a visit to Timpsons they come back after 10 Mins ,  and happily pay ! 

Now, no arguments and no accusations .....  

This is a separate thought, but I don't feel like it warrants its own thread - who of you are brave enough to ditch the .99p thing in your pricing? 

Load of our products are £1.69, £2.29, £4.99 and such - on one hand I really want to put everything up by a penny to end this kidology of pricing and save on handing out pennies that the customer doesn't want.

On the other hand, saying a key costs "£4... ... 99" instead of "£5" will have the the cheap customers wincing a little bit less, and I suppose those discarded pennies do mostly go in the charity tin (but we now put the 5p's for bags in the charity tin so that kind of balances out). 

Edited by GLENGRAVING

Knock that on the head a few years ago, due to increase in credit card sales. Everything rounded up to the pound, or 50p. Some of the lower priced items might be rounded up to the nearest 70p, 80p. Makes paperwork and till work a bit easier too