Shoe Repairer Forum

Who's supplying timpsons with keys at moment.

Customer came in standard Timpsons HD cisa cylinder brass key for cutting . I only had that blank in steel, but to her it being brass was more important. I cut her a brass universal instead, explaining the minor difference, and if it did not work come back for a refund or recut.  She said if it doesn't work, she'll probably go back to get a brass one from Timpsons. Do HD still supply most of Timpsons blanks or has it changed ( and therefore timpsons probably won't do it in brass anymore.). 

Going to order some brass from HD.

1 hour ago, cowers lane 583 said:

Customer came in standard Timpsons HD cisa cylinder brass key for cutting . I only had that blank in steel, but to her it being brass was more important. I cut her a brass universal instead, explaining the minor difference, and if it did not work come back for a refund or recut.  She said if it doesn't work, she'll probably go back to get a brass one from Timpsons. Do HD still supply most of Timpsons blanks or has it changed ( and therefore timpsons probably won't do it in brass anymore.). 

Going to order some brass from HD.

Sell her a coloured key cap.