Shoe Repairer Forum

I'm looking for some opinions on the KeyDIY system both KD900 & KD200.  Here are my questions & thoughts.  I don't have it at the moment but do a lot of car keys usually using genuine parts, but I think I'm missing out on particularly some of the more expensive remotes where an after market alternative may be a more affordable solution.  For example:  Hyundai separate remote fobs.

Recent enquiries also include a Jeep Patriot yesterday customer wanted a spare remote key.  A clone wouldn't work without the remote so presumably with KeyDIY I could have cloned the key and the remote?

I had a Mazda 3 enquiry on a 2004 model which was going to cost an arm and a leg using genuine bits.  Would KeyDIY have been a solution?

What about keys where the transponder is paired with the remote such as the pre-flip Peugoet remotes?

What price point are you retailing these at?

Are there any other alternatives?

Comments would be welcomed :)

I'm looking for some opinions on the KeyDIY system both KD900 & KD200.  Here are my questions & thoughts.  I don't have it at the moment but do a lot of car keys usually using genuine parts, but I think I'm missing out on particularly some of the more expensive remotes where an after market alternative may be a more affordable solution.  For example:  Hyundai separate remote fobs.

Recent enquiries also include a Jeep Patriot yesterday customer wanted a spare remote key.  A clone wouldn't work without the remote so presumably with KeyDIY I could have cloned the key and the remote?

I had a Mazda 3 enquiry on a 2004 model which was going to cost an arm and a leg using genuine bits.  Would KeyDIY have been a solution?

What about keys where the transponder is paired with the remote such as the pre-flip Peugoet remotes?

What price point are you retailing these at?

Are there any other alternatives?

Comments would be welcomed :)

Keydiy is excellent for much of what you mentioned , for instance ;

Mazda it is superb on all 2 , 3 and 4 button flip keys , now they have the new b14 i think it is remote you have an oem shape remote and case now as well , so cant be told apart from oem , ive done loads of these to date and never been back to one , and at well under £20 cost for kd remote , blade , logo and 63 chip.

the nb remotes with integrated chip , some are not so great , but the nb remotes for psa vehicles are excellent on can models with flip keys , not had one fail yet on the psa ones, some others are hit and miss.

with your jeep you cant just clone a remote . if the id46 integrated chip , you can make it into a jeep remote key , then program it by obd as if oem , but from memory i think only 1 x 433mhz pcf remote is listed , not sure if yours.

i find it excellent on psa with integrated nb remotes , excellent on mazda , excellent on vag , good on hyundai and some toyota too good on honda and alot more , its a real stock and money saver and on the whole reliable remotes too.

theres currently no alternatives that do same , its cheap and its reliable on whole

• 1 month later...

KD900 doesnt program remotes at all .

KD900 and KD200 are a stock saving device for want of a better word , their virgin remotes have no programming on them , they are completely virgin . The KD900 and KD200 unit will program the remote to become a specific remote you need , so it turns the blank remote into a vw remote , a ford remote , a hyundai remote etc , ready to be coded to the car .

so when you consider say vw which has around 20 different remotes , instead of holding 20 different remotes , you just need 1 virgin remote and make it into any of the 20 remotes that vw do , so its a stock saver , just as reliable and a fraction of the price. so its a stock and money saver .

what kd900 and kd200 wont do is clone a remote or program a remote to the car , this must still be done via diagnostic kit or via a manual process on models that allow this . 

kd remotes can be turned into 1 of approx 500 different remotes , so saves a fortune in stock holding , but you still need diagnostic kit to program the remote to the car .

ie rw4 will program the chip to start the car , having the M box will allow you to clone id48 chips , older vags as long as you have 2 cut keys will allow you to manually add a remote made by kd900 but alot will also require diagnostics like mvp pro , zedfull etc to code the remote to the car .

• 4 months later...

](*,) Thanks.  The one complaint I have is that the menus for checking are really poor.  It would make a massive difference to it's useability if it had vehicle Menu's, as the part no.s don't always match up.  I've now quoted for an aftermarket part but will have to use genuine which are really expensive.  Lesson learnt!

some of their listed part numbers are difficult to navigate , hyundai has improved and part numbers on alot of the hyundai and kia coverage match up , i use it alot for psa , vag , mazda , honda , the astra j and insignia seems ok , and then for odds and ends .

ive always struggled with their coverage lists as not always clear , the joys of a china developer . this link may help on some https://keyfast.knack.com/kd900#kd900s/ 

the list does list mitsi L200 , but no info on what remote selection to use , when you hit view it doesnt have this info so i suspect about to be released or it works on one of existing remotes but not made clear by their list as yet , or a beta one .

looking through latest menu its not listed , so either works on one of other remotes or has been removed as issues or is being worked upon.

most of the list is more helpfull , find the vehicle you want , check if covered , click view and it will tell you the menu selection to choose .

Any ideas what I choose to generate a remote for a 2010 Mitsubishi L200? Struggling to identify which one to use from the menu.

A quick search came up with

Software number MITSU04

Covers L200 2006-2011

It says you will have to do it as a separate remote because there are no blades.

I'm no expert on this machine though, but worth a look.

Another question!  I am just researching whether I can do a Ford Galaxy 2004.  Thought I might KeyDIY it then clone the ID44 transponder.  Can't find the correct remote under Ford so looked at VW Sharan.  I think that should do the job by selecting part number:  1J0959753FVW.  What do you reckon?