I hammered them in again!!!!!

I know everyone on here has had the problem with the stiletto tips being walked on until there is barely a piece of metal left,, I spent a good twenty minutes trimming down the plastic part to get a good grab on what was left of the metal insert, but there was just enough to grab ,,, so I scroured it flat and once Again knocked the inserts into the heel with a blunt awl , took about 90 seconds to do the pair,, since no one thinks this is a cool technique I'm interested to know how everyone else goes about it ,,, we are talking proper walked down so you can barely distinguish which part is which,,, also no drills to used,

of course everyone pulls if they can. The original post said if there is nothing to pull, level off then punch or drill, I would remove a couple mills from the block until I could pull. Most heels like this need leveling/ reducing by a couple of mills anyway. I always try and up sell to the 8mm dual density heels anyway to compensate.

Thanks for the posts everyone ,, I'm a professional shoe maker and have only been doing repairs on women's shoes for 6 months or so, the punching method for me was born of frustration and I got the impression it was a bit of a cowboy solution from a post I made a while ago, I think I came across the buildup tutorial awhile ago and was one of those that stuck in my mind, thanks again guys for the info