Shoe Repairer Forum

Mul-T-Lock Interactive 115 keys, made to photo

Reading keys is easy it's a very simple key.

The issue is that each dealer has there own centre number stamped on the key, which MTL say can't ever be removed even after grinding or filling they can tell who's it comes from. Although there is no patent on the key MTL still hold it as a restricted blank (which I agree with) & as a Interactive centre you sign a cutting agreement with rules controlling the copying of keys without cards. I wouldn't risk my cutting agreement for the sack of £10 key.

Some of the clever people here (sadly, not me) can cut non-patented Mul-T-Lock keys with ease from a good photo.

Just, when they're clever and also MTL dealers, they don't like doing that.

Is there a non Mul-T-Lock dealer here who could do that?

We can do it from a photo with our official blanks however I need to run something past Assa due to the patent expiring in Dec 2014 on Interactive and they have recently ceased production of 115 as 115+ is backward compatible.

We have always done this with a solicitors cover note - however it may be 115 standard is now the same as Garrison etc and a more relaxed market.

Your customers key may or may not have side cuts which are impossible to cut without an official Mul T Lock machine - so even if the Chinese make a 115 blank, you won't be able to cut them correctly on a Triax or anything similar.

Email the photo's to me - if Assa still insist on restricted supply we may be able to supply a new card for your customer through approved methods.

We can do it from a photo with our official blanks however I need to run something past Assa due to the patent expiring in Dec 2014 on Interactive and they have recently ceased production of 115 as 115+ is backward compatible.

We have always done this with a solicitors cover note - however it may be 115 standard is now the same as Garrison etc and a more relaxed market.

Your customers key may or may not have side cuts which are impossible to cut without an official Mul T Lock machine - so even if the Chinese make a 115 blank, you won't be able to cut them correctly on a Triax or anything similar.

Email the photo's to me - if Assa still insist on restricted supply we may be able to supply a new card for your customer through approved methods.

Its nothing to do with Assa your cutting  agreement is with Mul-T-Lock & under their terms & conditions.

Although Interactive is out of patent as of December 2013 not 2014, Mul-T-Lock still class/hold this product under the rules within your original cutting agreement. You can't cut these with out the card.

Any interactive key with side or bottom pins is part of master key system & if the suite isn't registered with you or yours you can't cut that either. Technically even a garrison key with a master key reference on is suppose to be under the same rules with in your agreement.

Mul-T-Lock can't get you a replacement card once lost. They do not make the cards them selves they buy them in. I think the minimum batch size is about 100. These are running differs & not random cuts or cuts they can choose. You could try & take a chance order 100-500 cards in & hope the one you want could be in there, Its just no feasible.    

You can cut side & bottom pins on Interactive & Classic on the Triax. I used my Triax for Mul-T-lock before having my KC5 because I didn't want another 2 machine around when I could just use the 1 I already have.

I have to admit though a standard Mul-T-Lock machine or KC5 cuts a much better key the Triax.

Sorry Lock & Key but your comments are wrong.

It doesn't matter how much we spend we all sign the same agreement & have to use the same rules. I don't want to seem like I dipping you out but I can't leave them comments the way they were.   

Its nothing to do with Assa your cutting  agreement is with Mul-T-Lock & under their terms & conditions.

Although Interactive is out of patent as of December 2013 not 2014, Mul-T-Lock still class/hold this product under the rules within your original cutting agreement. You can't cut these with out the card.

Any interactive key with side or bottom pins is part of master key system & if the suite isn't registered with you or yours you can't cut that either. Technically even a garrison key with a master key reference on is suppose to be under the same rules with in your agreement.

Mul-T-Lock can't get you a replacement card once lost. They do not make the cards them selves they buy them in. I think the minimum batch size is about 100. These are running differs & not random cuts or cuts they can choose. You could try & take a chance order 100-500 cards in & hope the one you want could be in there, Its just no feasible.    

You can cut side & bottom pins on Interactive & Classic on the Triax. I used my Triax for Mul-T-lock before having my KC5 because I didn't want another 2 machine around when I could just use the 1 I already have.

I have to admit though a standard Mul-T-Lock machine or KC5 cuts a much better key the Triax.

Sorry Lock & Key but your comments are wrong.

It doesn't matter how much we spend we all sign the same agreement & have to use the same rules. I don't want to seem like I dipping you out but I can't leave them comments the way they were.   

Errm we have had MT5 cards replaced by Assa (they own Mul T Lock) with the correct legal documents, 115 standard has now ceased production as 115+ is backward compatible, and the old 115 will follow the path of 76, 06, 05 etc - non protected, non supported & Chinese copy blanks available. It's no longer viable as a commercial platform, so protection is no longer defended - however they can restrict genuine blank supply to anyone they choose forever.

KC5 vs Triax = depends on volume, if it's an electronic chart KC5 is faster & side cuts are only valid for 05/06/Integrator on Triax, 115/MT5 the KC5 is your only option.

Also if you supply the lock - you can cut the keys (you just have to obey the rules)

Errm we have had MT5 cards replaced by Assa (they own Mul T Lock) with the correct legal documents, 115 standard has now ceased production as 115+ is backward compatible, and the old 115 will follow the path of 76, 06, 05 etc - non protected, non supported & Chinese copy blanks available. It's no longer viable as a commercial platform, so protection is no longer defended - however they can restrict genuine blank supply to anyone they choose forever.

KC5 vs Triax = depends on volume, if it's an electronic chart KC5 is faster & side cuts are only valid for 05/06/Integrator on Triax, 115/MT5 the KC5 is your only option.

Also if you supply the lock - you can cut the keys (you just have to obey the rules)

Me again

Assa never replaced your magnetic card Mul-T-Lock did. You can order MT5 replacement cards as Mul-T-Lock make them, them selves, they are £25. But we are talking about Interactive (115) & like I said before they don't make them so can't replace them like that.

I'm fully aware on the 115+ keys & stock holding from Mul-T-Lock as most of us have been for a long time.

Interactive won't go like Classic yet it will a long long time. It will cost a lot to manufacture a copy key blank for 115 because of the floating pin, I can't see it being worth while.

They can control their centre's because as a centre your not allowed to use copy blanks they must be original & only supposed to be cut on their machines. They can't control non-centre cutting keys on copy blanks.

You are a centre so can't do what you said you could.

You can 100% cut the side pin & bottom pins on the Triax under 115MK, I used to do it.

The KC5 is not your only option, to get blanks you must have a KC5 machine but if you had more then one shop but only one KC5 machine you could still cut them on a Triax. There is a card on Silca for this which also does MT5+.

Any one who has been in the trade for more then 10 mins will realise that Assa Abloy own everyone.

It's actually the Assa-Abloy group who own everyone & not Assa.

Assa like Abloy & Mul-T-lock all run independent from each other, although all owned by the same group & run from same office. Assa-Abloy is on your invoice from Mul-T-Lock but it doesn't mean you can call Assa direct about it or do an order, you must call & deal with Mul-T-Lock, Assa has no part.   

If you don't need to follow these rules you can cut this guys key from the thread.

Better then that why don't you cut me two keys, one I don't have the card any more.

The second one I have the card for, but the name on the payment slip won't match the name on the back of the card.

IMG_4518.JPGIMG_4517.JPG       IMG_4519.JPG

Look forward to seeing your centre number on these keys.

Gary 

So then, let the people in the know slug it out. I appreciate you sharing your know-how, though, even if I don't have a solution yet.

Who then, please, is a non Mul-T-Lock agent, able to cut Interactive standard (no side gimmickry) keys to a picture?

I now have an Ingersoll Interactive key to copy, the numbers stamped on this key are 533 and 133. Client "wasn't given a card", they all say that, and it may even be the truth.

I don't think anyone will. If they did I'm not sure they would put it on a public forum.

The Ingersol 113 is under the same restriction as the 115 Interactive. It just a different profile but the same thing it was just used when they launched the London Line.

533 is the centre number you could try & call them see if they have the card or can cut you the key.

Fulham Brass & Ironmongery 020 7736 3246

Well, if anyone does do the Interactives without a card, kindly send me a PM.

Besides that, I have learned a lot from this thread, including that I personally don't favour the "no card no key" type of key security of Abloy and Mul-T-Lock.

Thanks especially to LSB for going to the trouble of finding FBI for me.

• 3 weeks later...

The "no card, no key" does have its advantages. It's good for landlords of properties to restrict keys and it's also good for locksmiths when the card goes missing.

Landlords see this as a simple key control solution. If they listen to wisdom they will register it as a master key sytem - costs no extra

Just make sure they have future key costs confirmed - otherwise master keys = £35 and servant keys are £25. Compared to £8 > £15 for the same Mul T Lock key.

No card to lose... system is registered

Me again

Assa never replaced your magnetic card Mul-T-Lock did. You can order MT5 replacement cards as Mul-T-Lock make them, them selves, they are £25. But we are talking about Interactive (115) & like I said before they don't make them so can't replace them like that.

I'm fully aware on the 115+ keys & stock holding from Mul-T-Lock as most of us have been for a long time.

Interactive won't go like Classic yet it will a long long time. It will cost a lot to manufacture a copy key blank for 115 because of the floating pin, I can't see it being worth while.

They can control their centre's because as a centre your not allowed to use copy blanks they must be original & only supposed to be cut on their machines. They can't control non-centre cutting keys on copy blanks.

You are a centre so can't do what you said you could.

You can 100% cut the side pin & bottom pins on the Triax under 115MK, I used to do it.

The KC5 is not your only option, to get blanks you must have a KC5 machine but if you had more then one shop but only one KC5 machine you could still cut them on a Triax. There is a card on Silca for this which also does MT5+.

Any one who has been in the trade for more then 10 mins will realise that Assa Abloy own everyone.

It's actually the Assa-Abloy group who own everyone & not Assa.

Assa like Abloy & Mul-T-lock all run independent from each other, although all owned by the same group & run from same office. Assa-Abloy is on your invoice from Mul-T-Lock but it doesn't mean you can call Assa direct about it or do an order, you must call & deal with Mul-T-Lock, Assa has no part.   

If you don't need to follow these rules you can cut this guys key from the thread.

Better then that why don't you cut me two keys, one I don't have the card any more.

The second one I have the card for, but the name on the payment slip won't match the name on the back of the card.

attachicon.gifIMG_4518.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4517.JPG       attachicon.gifIMG_4519.JPG

Look forward to seeing your centre number on these keys.

Gary 

Gary,

Banging on about Assa depends on what you know?

The 115/s UK is no longer of any interest to mul t lock (115+ plus is not included) - I'll happily send you 2 copies of that key for free (non profit)

Please PM your address and I'll send them to you with our centre No 511 on the blank for free as research.

We can also do 206 Israili etc

Gary,

Banging on about Assa depends on what you know?

The 115/s UK is no longer of any interest to mul t lock (115+ plus is not included) - I'll happily send you 2 copies of that key for free (non profit)

Please PM your address and I'll send them to you with our centre No 511 on the blank for free as research.

We can also do 206 Israili etc

Matt, 

By putting "free (non profit)" you prove my point.

You can't do these via a trade service like you say you can. I know the boxes you have to tick in order to cut MTL keys online. If I offered a trade services like you then I would need to do the same thing my self. We are no different & I don't think I'm better then everyone else or don't need to follow the rules. 

Now if you still insist I'm wrong cut me the two keys I've asked for. I will pay for them as per the info given (un-ticked boxes).

MTL can't support you on this. They can't choose what dealers they want to support more then others. But if they did & chose to support you over me then on this situation, I will be making sure the right people know about it. If this happens none of our shops will ever do another MTL product again. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only person doing that. I'm also sure that RB Locks would love to know about all this if it ever happened. But I can't see it.

Maybe you could just say "I got this one  wrong"

If you still feel charitable & want to do your non profit bit. Then cut Growster's key & I promise I wont call the FBI

I also been supplied 206 blanks as well but don't get your point? its still just Interactive.

• 3 weeks later...

Matt, 

By putting "free (non profit)" you prove my point.

You can't do these via a trade service like you say you can. I know the boxes you have to tick in order to cut MTL keys online. If I offered a trade services like you then I would need to do the same thing my self. We are no different & I don't think I'm better then everyone else or don't need to follow the rules. 

Now if you still insist I'm wrong cut me the two keys I've asked for. I will pay for them as per the info given (un-ticked boxes).

MTL can't support you on this. They can't choose what dealers they want to support more then others. But if they did & chose to support you over me then on this situation, I will be making sure the right people know about it. If this happens none of our shops will ever do another MTL product again. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only person doing that. I'm also sure that RB Locks would love to know about all this if it ever happened. But I can't see it.

Maybe you could just say "I got this one  wrong"

If you still feel charitable & want to do your non profit bit. Then cut Growster's key & I promise I wont call the FBI

I also been supplied 206 blanks as well but don't get your point? its still just Interactive.

Gary we all know there are biblical problems with no card no key, it's not a real 'workable' solution as the cards get lost or taken by a disgruntled member of some big nosed golf club.

Or the fact they where never issued with a card, and subsequently held to paying £25 per key from the initial supplier and told they have no choice.

One could argue the contract is invalid when they decide to supply any random company who then subsequently install 100's of 'protected' locks without a card to domestic users who are actually part of a master key system without knowing it...

This random company then go bust, so what are the legal eagles gonna do with this mess? Bury it and sort it out....

Bottom line is integrity & honesty - if the Dean of 'Londonshire' sends me a signed letter from his boss asking for more keys from a rogue EX dealer - I will supply him as I see integrity and honesty - from an initial supplier that was dishonest and a thief.

I'd love to see this challenged - Church values Vs Mul T Lock card & key

Regards

Mat

Gary we all know there are biblical problems with no card no key, it's not a real 'workable' solution as the cards get lost or taken by a disgruntled member of some big nosed golf club.

Or the fact they where never issued with a card, and subsequently held to paying £25 per key from the initial supplier and told they have no choice.

One could argue the contract is invalid when they decide to supply any random company who then subsequently install 100's of 'protected' locks without a card to domestic users who are actually part of a master key system without knowing it...

This random company then go bust, so what are the legal eagles gonna do with this mess? Bury it and sort it out....

Bottom line is integrity & honesty - if the Dean of 'Londonshire' sends me a signed letter from his boss asking for more keys from a rogue EX dealer - I will supply him as I see integrity and honesty - from an initial supplier that was dishonest and a thief.

I'd love to see this challenged - Church values Vs Mul T Lock card & key

Regards

Mat

I never said any thing about morales or about a no card no key system working in the real world.

What I said was that you can't cut these the why you clam you can, there are rules we all have to follow.

If the Dean of Londonshire sends you letter & its one of mine key system I wouldn't let you cut it & nor would MTL. (that's if you were stupid enough to post here about it & I found out). If I found one with someone else's centre number on it being used in my system I would be taking further. 

Gary

• 1 month later...

Take it further...115S is no longer supported. No legal interest.

I've just decoded a 115S on another post - crap photo but I'm 95% sure.... rules of law are challenged by common sense and for a good reason, it's reason that makes the laws.

Also any MTL patented master key system or single cylinder code can be re-assigned to any dealer without any contest - as the end user is the actual owner of the system or lock - the idea that you have 7 days to respond is pure fiction, the end user/purchaser owns the lock/card/system. So they can move it in 24 hours.

So then, let the people in the know slug it out. I appreciate you sharing your know-how, though, even if I don't have a solution yet.

Who then, please, is a non Mul-T-Lock agent, able to cut Interactive standard (no side gimmickry) keys to a picture?

I now have an Ingersoll Interactive key to copy, the numbers stamped on this key are 533 and 133. Client "wasn't given a card", they all say that, and it may even be the truth.

Apologies - between 'slugging' I realised you have 133 which is a profile allocated to an Israeli EU/non EU profile assigned to 'for example' to Banham or Ingersol,  as Lock Stock pointed out ages ago (sorry for not spotting your post) we can use 348P which is a reverse 348E Integrator profile - assigned to us if we want it (shared with one other who has retired??)

533 is the cenrtre number 133 is the profile, if you really struggle contact me through my main website as I don't drop here in very often.

Take it further...115S is no longer supported. No legal interest.

I've just decoded a 115S on another post - crap photo but I'm 95% sure.... rules of law are challenged by common sense and for a good reason, it's reason that makes the laws.

Also any MTL patented master key system or single cylinder code can be re-assigned to any dealer without any contest - as the end user is the actual owner of the system or lock - the idea that you have 7 days to respond is pure fiction, the end user/purchaser owns the lock/card/system. So they can move it in 24 hours.

I getting board of this now, Lets agree to disagree. 

But in all fairness you still haven't cut the keys, like I never expected you to do (and you know that, that why you posted about not charging for them). So maybe you were wrong?

For the last time if its no problem just CUT THEM.  I don't really care any more, Life is to short. Or better yet do Growster key. But not to your decode (type error I think, unless you did it and someone else normally does like the Kaba keys) I assume you know you can't have C1.