Shoe Repairer Forum

Article from the mail online.

Here's an interesting article link that was sent to me over the weekend, makes a good read & continues the run of publicity the industry is receiving at the moment.

Sophie joins the thrifty royal ranks: Countess has her high heels resoled on Timpsons tour

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -tour.html

Lee

£5.75 & £6 for metal :(

Get moaned at all thetime with those prices :(

Danny, roughly what percentage of "moaners" complain about the price, yet still have the job carried out?

I'm Just interested, because, I would gather that within certain regional boundaries that it would be hereditary or commonplace to "haggle" a price regardless of the trade or expenditure. :?

Do you lose many sales because of your prices? :?: (I bet many punters moan for the sake of moaning ](*,) )

Do you lose many sales because of your prices?

Proberly 2in every 10

Danny, roughly what percentage of "moaners" complain about the price, yet still have the job carried out?

Lose more jobs on key prices, As I have an Idiot near me who cuts most cylinder keys at £2.50 and we charge £4 :evil:

But then again my ones work :twisted:

Yeah people like to moan for the fun of it. O and try to haggle. I hate this :evil: Do you ask for discounts in any other trade if you get more than one nope so why ask here.

Try asking at your local chippy for a discount because you want to bags of chips :?

Do you lose many sales because of your prices?

Proberly 2in every 10

So two in every 10 moan, how many out of the 2 would then walk away as a lost sale? probably 2 in every 10! they will have a moan, go ahead anyway & return next time without moaning.

Lee

Please explain, for years I have been at a loss over the pricing of keys compared to repairs.

£8 for stilettos, expensive. £4 for a cylinder key, OK.

Cylinder keys I charge £3.50 for one, £6.00 a pair. I can cut an easy five keys in the same time as changing the average (not the quickest) stilettos.

£15 compared to £8, with a fraction of the capital expenditure, overheads for shop space, electric etc.

If I could cut Yale keys all day, I would only open a day and half per week.

Why is £4 for keys considered fair return, but £8 for stilettos profiteering. When I consider it visa versa.

• 2 weeks later...

Moaning about prices!!

It's been that way for as long as I can remember, no matter what you charge they moan, they are British, that is what they were born for.

Better to have them moan at £8 than moan at £3, not bad eh...£5 a moan, ring it in lads, next please. :D

Dont think the guy was nervous at doing the ladies shoes but I bet he was at having all those dry cleaned suits about just ready to pouce in case things went wrong. Still, for all his nerves he got his name in the history books..... "Cobbler by Royal Warrant" how many can put that on their CVs :D

You watch JT now apply for that Warrant... watch this space.