Shoe Repairer Forum

Advice on Boot tread/Sole

Guest JDBKeys

Guest JDBKeys

Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice really. I need to make a pair of boots look the same as another pair of boots. There is no function to the change its just for the appearance alone

The boots i have are these

tecnica_moon-boots_weiss_white.jpg

And i want the sole to look like the sole on these boots (or closer to the sole on these)

web.jpg

Its the ridges im after really - any ideas ? Would really appreciate your knowledge where im totally lacking :)

The pic in the bottomof the post resembles a copy of "Brothel Creepers" "Teddy Boy" shoes that I used to wear.

The patterned edge was formed by what is known as a Ridged Crepe Randing. It was still available 12 years ago but who knows now!!!

There is a sheet material in ceam colour that resembles this pattern made from what I call Gristle Rubber but the continental manufacturers call crepe. Cant remember the supplier though.

these boots you are trying to emulate appear to be injection molded units. In which case you are on a hiding to nothing. My advice would be to not bother, there is no way you will get the same effect, you will find the boots are of a different construction and will be impossible to clone these boots to anywere near a satisfactory standard.

Why would you want to take on a job of this nature, or is it a joke :roll: