Shoe Repairer Forum

Trophy Catalogues

hi all

phoned trophy company up to be told there only doing a cd catalogue

this year is this the way to go.

i would prefer a catalogue (think some customers would aswell)

there is a place for cd but think they should run along side not replace

what are your thoughts?

Guest russelldew

We also sell trophies etc from our shop, but I dont think that the CD option is the way to go. The majority of people who buy our trophies are from pubs and clubs so unless they have a pc in there it wouldnt be much use to them. Normally there is more than one person choosing them so unless someone took the cd home and invited the commitee with them then there dont seem to be much point. Everyone can have a look at a catalogue and pass it around no probs. - Just my thoughts...

We also sell trophies etc from our shop, but I dont think that the CD option is the way to go. The majority of people who buy our trophies are from pubs and clubs so unless they have a pc in there it wouldnt be much use to them. Normally there is more than one person choosing them so unless someone took the cd home and invited the commitee with them then there dont seem to be much point. Everyone can have a look at a catalogue and pass it around no probs. - Just my thoughts...

That's a good point Russell.

However, we also do alot of corporate gifts and awards for companies who may favour having the information on a disc.

i.e. sales or business awards.

Did not give a company name

just in case a broke forum rules

just thought i would start topic because im sure they come up with these ideas but not ask us the customer what we would like. And hopeful other companys might read and think before they go down that root.

the one reason for going to cd i think has got to be cost

Printed catalogue alot more than CD

well its R+D trophy supplies dont know if any others are going to do the same. apart from that ive have had excellent service from them over the years just think they are making a mistake.

trend have'nt this year because ive just received there new catalogues

catalogues on disks, whats the point?, you can direct people to online catalogues if they prefer to view on their pc. If you only have one shop copy of a brochure, you then get the embarresment of people asking if they can take it away to show their colleagues. :oops: