Shoe Repairer Forum

display shelving

Shoe repairs maxed out on price and volume; keys the same so we're looking at increasing our turnover on trophies and engravable gifts.

We've got about 10 feet run of wall that we can make over to display and storage so can anybody give us some tips on what to go for,. Glass or wood? mirrored background? lighting? cabinets or shelves or a mixture of both? Any tips or advice or experiences appreciated.

I had locking cabinets which I did away with last year, best thing I ever did!

they might keep the dust down but since they went sales have improved because my customers can easily handle items they are interested in.

Although you have to bear in mind my location, I don't get kids & tea leafs in as a rule.

Lee

I had locking cabinets which I did away with last year, best thing I ever did!

they might keep the dust down but since they went sales have improved because my customers can easily handle items they are interested in.

Although you have to bear in mind my location, I don't get kids & tea leafs in as a rule.

Lee

Selling expensive watches,Lighters, jewellery, pewter ware etc etc doesn't give us that luxury.

We had a makeover before xmas and had six new rotating cabinettes, they look amaseing, and sales have almost doubled on giftware. They are displayed very nicely thanks to Annette :smt061 (wife) which is also a big plus..............

carry on