Shoe Repairer Forum

Glenways - Credit when due

Credit when Due.

I ordered a small order of medals from glenways, yesturday at 13.07 pm I have just finished the order (inside 24 hours)

The sweetener here is the orders for a local school, who wanted a trophy & medals for today. they only came in Yesturday & I didn't have enough medals in stock.

They are coming in this afternoon to collect the trophy with anticipation of giving the medals after their event next week.

This is a first order from them, so it will be great to give them the completed order this afternoon.

Thanks Glenways for top service.

Lee

Guest blank

well done - you succeeded wher most people have failed! (with them)

i have had success with

birch

davenport burgess

colledge

etc,

but glenway - who will not supply me even though the tim the m.d says he will!!

but well done this time, :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Guest blank

glenway (tim) said to me that they didn't want 2 trophy suppliers in the same town that it would not be good for his business,

this i could understand i suppose as we dont want situations where people have to discount to get orders.

i have traded 16 years - so 12 years ago this was the situation,i could see the logic in it - so carried on as normal.

nearly 3 years ago the trader who tim was referring to closed - so i thought have a go as others tell me there a "good co" and there products sell!

saw tim at trophex, he agreed and i filled in there forms, oh that was 2 trophex shows ago.

i left it expecting there catalogues, nothing, telephoned - still nothing, no explanations, BUT then found out the guy who shut his shop who is 8 miles away from me does all his trade glass engraving, and tim doesn't want to upset him! but the worst thing was the ignorance of his co, not telling me. plus i have found out now that his company is now supplying a large she repair co, who is just around the corner from my shop and have other shops scattered around his friends shop! - his morals stink. and i know of 2 or 3 shoe repairers who dont want to compete with the same stock as there closest competitor, i;e timpson they are looking for another supplier! i suggested Glenway, as i have used them for all the time i have been in business and they really look after me. freephone tele and fax number for all orders and enquiries. 080002632026. :P

Me too, My main supplier is Glenway. I would whole heartedly recommend them to others.

All of us suffer the odd cock up from all suppliers at some time or other, (as our customers inevitably do from us too) it's all part of being human & fallible.

In my experience there are much less dependable suppliers out there.

(and, no I'm not going to name names...)

Guest blank

sorry wrong co name - glenway dont supply as my last post said.

Goodwill do and have done for ages would recommend them to anyone.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt041 :smt038

who dont want to compete with the same stock as there closest competitor, i;e timpson they are looking for another supplier! i suggested -Goodwill,- as i have used them for all the time i have been in business and they really look after me. freephone tele and fax number for all orders and enquiries. 080002632026.

Guest tim.wilford@glenway.co.uk

JUST LOOKING ON THE FORUM,HAVENT BEEN ON FOR A FEW DAYS.

REF THE CUSTOMER WHO SAID WE WOULDN'T SUPPLY. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION HE WAS USING US.I GAVE HIM MY WORD THAT WE WOULD, AS SITUATIONS HAD CHANGED. I TRY & FOLLOW THINGS UP BUT CANT ALWAYS, IF SOMETHING HAS GONE ASTRAY PLEASE COME BACK TO ME.

Would all members remember to please observe our simple rules HERE

>C. Please do not use ALL CAPS when requesting support. This goes for topic titles and message bodies. If noticed a quick warning will be sent out. Typing in ALL CAPS does not mean faster support.

Since this topic has gone way of its original intention I have now closed it. If you wish to pursue it further please start a new thread.

Lee