Shoe Repairer Forum

Sink or Swim..Timpo closing in on us

I'm in Scotland, this has been our second week open, last week was what I would have called a "poor week" in normal times, this week is the worst week ever, I've got my staffs wages in but this will be another for me without, I just hope I qualify for the second self employed benefit pay out in August.

The other shops, malls and so on up here open on the 15th July, I just hope this starts things off properly on the road to recovery.

1 hour ago, Happy Dude said:

I'm in Scotland, this has been our second week open, last week was what I would have called a "poor week" in normal times, this week is the worst week ever, I've got my staffs wages in but this will be another for me without, I just hope I qualify for the second self employed benefit pay out in August.

The other shops, malls and so on up here open on the 15th July, I just hope this starts things off properly on the road to recovery.

If you qualified for the first then you'll qualiyt for this one too.

i suspect that the second payout may not happen as i suspect there will not be a second lockdown ,any lockdown will be confined to local areas there is no way they are going to bail out everything again ,the cost long term would prove to high ,at this moment in time we are in unknown territory ,i do not think anyone knows for sure how this is going to end 

5 minutes ago, elfman said:

i suspect that the second payout may not happen as i suspect there will not be a second lockdown ,any lockdown will be confined to local areas there is no way they are going to bail out everything again ,the cost long term would prove to high ,at this moment in time we are in unknown territory ,i do not think anyone knows for sure how this is going to end 

Spoke to my accountant on Wednesday, it's all confirmed to happen at 70% first week of August. If you are affected then you qualify.