Shoe Repairer Forum

COVID-19 Information for you

I know a lot of shoe repairers are self employed and worried but I am convinced the Government will find a solution it's in their best interest to it's just how so hang in there and look after yourselves without the mental pressure you may feel not knowing:

Posted at 17:3317:33 25.03.2020
Johnson: More tricky to help self-employed
Boris Johnson again faces pressure to do something to help the self-employed.

The PM says the government has “moved with extraordinary speed to support and prop up the whole of the economy of this country, putting our arms around workers of all kinds to the best extent we possibly can”.

He admits it was “easiest” to help employees and more “tricky” to work out a package for the self-employed.

“But that has been done at incredible speed,” adds the PM, promising that Chancellor Rishi Sunak will make an announcement on the plan tomorrow.

He adds: “I don't think there has been a time in our history in the last century that a government of this country has put its arms around so many people to get through such a tough time.”

Mr Johnson concludes the press conference saying: “We will beat this and we will beat this together, and we will do it by protecting our NHS and staying at home. That is how we will save lives."

UPDATE: some councils are now sending out letters to business customers who are eligible but they realise this is impractical and an online form is being produced to fill in but this is not immediate so be patient my guess is it won't affect how quickly you get a grant they are just gathering the information for now

2 hours ago, petercoulson said:

UPDATE: some councils are now sending out letters to business customers who are eligible but they realise this is impractical and an online form is being produced to fill in but this is not immediate so be patient my guess is it won't affect how quickly you get a grant they are just gathering the information for now

Mine has and is on their website so you can apply online, some councils don’t have it even listed on their sites. So if you can’t find any info call and make sure you supply your home as correspondence address. If you don’t have a email address or not pc savy ask family to set up an email for you oh and write down your password just to be safe.

the council will require your business rates account ref number. Good luck and thank you Peter.

JUST ANNOUNCED: Self employed will be given 80% of your average monthly profit for the last 3 years up to £2500, payments will be from June but earlier if they can make it. If you missed the January deadline it has been reopened for a short period. Access has been made to business interruption loans and Universal Credit

This is for those with profits up to £50000 - The tax man will make direct contact with those eligible

I mean the chancellor has come through and has got some great schemes to provide amazingly quickly, it’s very impressive.

Let’s hope the months with no income will go quick. I’ve never spent so much time at home. I hope that all you guys and your families see this period through safely. Thanks as always Pete.

39 minutes ago, windycity said:

I mean the chancellor has come through and has got some great schemes to provide amazingly quickly, it’s very impressive.

Let’s hope the months with no income will go quick. I’ve never spent so much time at home. I hope that all you guys and your families see this period through safely. Thanks as always Pete.

Might be worth looking at universal credit I don't know how difficult this is but surely worth looking - https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/