Sign in to follow this  
TC@TOWS

ETA F06.111 movement second hand fitting

Hi all, hope somebody can shed some light on this! Have just replaced the movement in a Gucci watch, ETA F06.111 like for like. All ok except the Gucci second hand doesn't fit, its too small.  it should be a 0.20 fitting  and i've loads of generic ones that size but none fit nor does a 0.21 and a 0.25 is too large. I have spoken to Gleave and co. who i got the movement from and they have no idea. Anybody have any idea or experienced this, its a bit annoying!

Thanks!

ok found one to fit in a assorted box of old hands but no idea what size it is! 

I also found that a 0.21 hand fitted onto the old movement but still was too small for the new one! Bizarre!!

I fitted a new .20 seconds hand to a new, cheap PC21S movement yesterday as the old one was slipping. It was quite hard to push on. I thought at first that it was the wrong size, and a couple of times it popped of, but with a little persuasion it went on. I think it was just because it was a new movement and a new hand.

sometimes a manufacturer will take a standard movement size and have it bulk modified to suit its design, most common being a different colour date wheel. but I've seen a few with modified wheels for their own hand designs, its not that uncommon although I've not seen it on mainstream stuff like Gucci. Something odd there though for sure.

23 minutes ago, Michael said:

Have you tried measuring the pinion with a pair digital calipers to double check the size?

“Digital” what is this sorcery the young one speaks of?

609671BD-DBDB-4DBC-88B8-0F0A5F8A6145.jpeg

19 hours ago, Lee said:

sometimes a manufacturer will take a standard movement size and have it bulk modified to suit its design, most common being a different colour date wheel. but I've seen a few with modified wheels for their own hand designs, its not that uncommon although I've not seen it on mainstream stuff like Gucci. Something odd there though for sure.

Yes the date wheel is black rather than the white ones that are available to buy. Upon closer inspection the original movement has a slightly higher hand height too so i guess this is what you're talking about here Lee.