Lee Clements

RM williams boots polishing help

Hi i was wondering if the wise heads can help me out - as being a locksmith i don't know much about shoe care

i bought my self some RM williams boots (kangaroo leather in tan colour) at size 17 they were special order and cost a fortune !!

i was advised that because its kangaroo leather - i shouldn't use shoe polish !! and use  rm williams leather conditioner instead - which i have been doing 

all though this puts a shine on the put - there is  water stains on the leather (a white stain line)  - The question is will i be alright applying a tan leather polish on the boot or will this ruin them
many thanks

lee

I’ve got a pair of the RM Williams kangaroo tan boots and use Saphir Medaill d’Or on them regularly with absolutely no problems. Originally I used BLACK polish on the Tan colour leather to deepen the colour, enhance the grain and the stitching and then a Light Tan colour on top.  Best boots ever and worth every penny. 

56 minutes ago, robinh said:

I’ve got a pair of the RM Williams kangaroo tan boots and use Saphir Medaill d’Or on them regularly with absolutely no problems. Originally I used BLACK polish on the Tan colour leather to deepen the colour, enhance the grain and the stitching and then a Light Tan colour on top.  Best boots ever and worth every penny. 

thanks for your help i will try that - i have to agree they are excellent boots